american background

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Maverick 1 Month

 Maverick’s first month was a busy one. Dad has his 24th birthday, the Easter bunny came, Grandma Thomas came to visit for a week, he had his baby blessing with lots of family visitors, and 2 week doctor appointment!
I was trying distribute entire Costco sized bag of Reeses Eggs(72) between the 3 baskets (Gina's, Lehi's, and mine). Lehi looked at me horrified and exclaimed, "Babe! What are you thinking! We are decorating, not handing out insulin!
Grandma Thomas was SUCH a blessing to have for a little over a week! She would take Maverick in the early mornings so Lehi and I could sleep in, she helped keep the house clean, dinners made, ect. She was a lifesaver!

Blessing Pictures:


Dad and Maverick had matching ties thanks to Aunt Rachel! 



Thank you to all the family who traveled to visit  Maverick!


 One Month Memories/Milestones:


  • Eats 2-3 oz every 2 hours –yes, even the wee hours of the morning
  • Loves to tuck his feet while being held  
  • Has fantastic grumpy faces
  • Smiles are rare but they have been seen
  • Have to coach him to breathe while eating
  • Loves to be rocked to sleep
  • Has night terrors when in his swing (not all the time, but on occasion)
  • Goes cross-eyed watching the bottle
  • HATES baths (don't let the picture fool you)
  • Lets us know when he is hungry
  • Likes to be swaddled ONLY if hands are free
  • Inconsistent eater
  • Legit man farts
  • Pouts when he doesn't want to finish his bottle
  • Big stretches (arms above head and feet straight out)
  • Holding head up


Month 1 Stories


Finger Flipping 

Lehi snapped this picture of Maverick in the hospital. It wasn't until he was looking through them later he noticed Maverick is a little trouble-maker! Uncle Matt said, "My nephew is already following in my footsteps." 


2 week appointment

At his 2 week check-up, the nurse was measuring Maverick's head circumference when he suddenly reached up and grabbed the measuring tape...and would NOT let go! It took a minute or two before his tiny little fingers could be pried from the tape. Then she was marking his height and he grabbed her pen! She laughed while undoing his death grip--removing his fingers one by one saying, "Usually I worry about that with 1 year olds, not a 2 week baby!" 


Rash Recovery 

One evening, Lehi decided he would rather sleep on the floor than in the same bed as me so I could have more room to spread out and sleep. I woke up in the middle of the night to find this: 

Morning Snuggles 

Maverick was particularly cuddly one morning, so I snapped this picture and said "Morning snuggles are the best!" Witty Uncle Jared replied, "I'm snuggling too" with this accompanying picture:
 


Awful Night, Awesome Morning

Maverick had a really bad night. I woke up to find these gems around the house. They were very needed that morning. Lehi is a little romantic sometimes. :)


One Month Sure Flew By!
                                                     


                                     

     


No comments:

Post a Comment