3 Month Mile-Stones

- BIG smiles
- Giggles
- "Coos" (sometimes it sounds like he is saying "Hi")
- Bubbles from the mouth--starting to get droolie!
- Stares at his fist while it is held straight in the air
- Grabs your shirt collar when feeding him
- Has a fantastic pout face--pushes out that bottom lip like a pro
- 0-3 month clothes
- Size 1 diapers
- Loves to suck his fist (even when he is not hungry)
- Eating 3-4 oz
- Officially out of his bassinet
- Grabber--wash cloth, car seat cover, seat belt, blankets, burp cloth, keys, etc
- Starting to play with his keys
- Holds his hands together/folds his arms when he eats
- Rock for 20 minutes before you can put him in his pack and play (otherwise he wakes up)
- Gray eyes or dark blue, depending on what he is wearing
- Loves to bury his face in your arm/head support when cuddling/sitting in his swing
- Holds onto the head support in his swing
- Went to his first movie--Transformers 4 (at the drive in)
- First 4th of July
- SUPER happy in the morning
- Happy baby overall
- Still not sleeping through the night, sleeps anywhere from 2-4 hours at a time
- Rolls to his side, but not much more than that :)
- Using his bumbo
- Perfected head control--or pretty darn close to perfection
- Tummy time is becoming more tolerated
- Staring to hold the bottle
 |
| Holds his hands |
.jpg) |
| Especially while eating |
.jpg) |
| Staring to hold the bottle |
.jpg) |
| Bumbo! |
.jpg) |
| Fist Eater |
.jpg) |
| Likes playing with his keys |
 |
| BIG Smiles |
 |
| Crooked Grin |
3 Month Stories (June 7- July 7)
Football Camp
Lehi wanted to go to a 2 week long football conditioning camp the school was putting together. Our sweet sitter, Rachel, said she was willing to come to Rexburg earlier that week to watch him when I was teaching. Maverick and I got up at 5:30 or 6:00 every morning so I could get him ready for the day and myself ready for work. We would be on campus at 7:00 where we would hang out until my class started (7:45) and Rachel came and got him. One morning, I didn't have any prep to do for my class so we watched Dad for a bit from inside the Hart building. I snapped a few pictures of Lehi. It's easy to pick him out because of his stance. He pretty much annihilated everyone there (which consisted of 5-6 other guys).
 |
| Lehi is the one wearing shorts. |
Golf Date
The local golf course has a sweet deal on Friday nights, 2 people and a cart for $20.00. Two words: date night. We doubled with Tyler and Alex and headed out. I was pretty terrible to begin with but towards the end I started to get the hang of things. We had a lame-o golf cart that wouldn't go when you stepped on the gas. So we would sit there, foot on the gas petal for a minute or two, rocking the cart back and forth until it started. (We weren't sure if rocking the cart did any good but it made us feel like we were helping) It kind of defeated the point of having a golf cart but it was somewhat amusing as well. Alex nailed a bird with one of her hits and Tyler almost decapitated fellow golfers with a stray hit. I witnessed Lehi's temper when he threw his golf club at a tress, I lost a few balls over the fence, learned a little about which club to use when, a little about golf, and laughed a lot.
.jpg) |
| I needed some stylish golf shorts, so I wore Lehi's. They were a little big and I had a saggy bum, but that's ok! |
Father's Day
Eagles poster, candy, sentimental picture, angel food cake, sprinkles. Need I say more?
Lehi and Maverick matched for church (white shirt, blue tie, tan pants)--it was adorable. I was planning on having a nice roast for dinner but when we got home from church I realized I didn't get it in the crock-pot. Epic fail. So we had leftover pizza. (It was homemade which makes it a little better :) ) Lehi is such a great dad to Maverick. He changes LOTS of diapers,takes turns feeding him, takes care of him late at night so I can sleep--even though he has to get up early for classes too, plays with Maverick all the time, and isn't afraid to make ridiculous sounds/high pitched talk to make Maverick laugh. Maverick is his little buddy. They "watch" the original transformers cartoon, ninja turtles cartoon, and power ranger TV shows together, have matching Eagle's jerseys, and Maverick lights up when Daddy plays with him. Lehi is a fantastic husband and an even better Dad.
.jpg) |
| Happy Father's Day! |
.jpg) |
| Matching for church |
.jpg) |
| Presents for Dad |
Family Visitors
Maverick's Great Grandma Thomas and Great Aunt Sue came to Rexburg to visit! It was so much fun chatting and spending time with each other. I failed to get any pictures but I will make sure I get some when we are in UT and PA! Maverick was spoiled rotten and got lots of cuddle time with them both. :) Aunt Sue got him the cutest stuffed animal and book. I can't wait to start reading it to him!
.jpg) |
| From Aunt Sue |
Fourth of July
We decided to jump on the bandwagon and go down to Idaho Falls to watch the fireworks. Maverick pretty much slept through the whole thing, the sprinklers came on in the grass we were sitting in, and we got caught in the traffic trying to get home. We decided to take the back-roads to avoid the nasty traffic. We were about 15 minutes from home when Lehi said, "I hope that is not a cop turning around for me." And then the red and blue lights appeared. Apparently we were going 60 in a 35...but Lehi slowed down as soon as he saw the 35 speed limit sign. "Well, slow WAY down for me and I will let you off with a warning." No ticket. Success.
 |
| Red, white and blue cupcakes! |
 |
| Maverick and I |
.jpg) |
| Cute Onsie from Ashley and Matt. |
.jpg) |
| Out of all the Cokes in the box, Lehi selected this one for me. |
.jpg) |
| Family pictures :) |
Drive in Movie
Saturday night we headed to the drive in with Avery, Cheri and a few of their friends to watch Transformers 4. After a little standing up, 2 blankets and rocking, Maverick was asleep and stayed that way the whole movie. We took a little family selfie before the movie started. (Please ignore my wind-blown psycho hair) :)
Laughing Baby
Maverick has great smiles which he gives all the time--even when he is crying you can get him to smile in between fits. I love waking up in the morning, looking at Maverick, and getting a huge smile in return! It is hard to be irritated with him being up so early when he gives you that devlish grin!
Nothing beats the sound of a baby laughing. Maverick is finally starting to laugh. Lehi elicited the first giggle when putting Maverick's feet on his face. We were fortunate enough to get a video of it. I LOVE my happy, smiley, giggly, baby!
If you are needing a reason to smile, watch this! ^^
 |
| Happy for church! |
 |
| Cutie |
 |
| Morning Smiles |
.jpg) |
| Smile Progression |
.jpg) |
| It's just great |
.jpg) |
| Love him |
 |
| 3 months today |
 |
| 3 months today |
No comments:
Post a Comment