american background

Sunday, April 7, 2019

February 2019

Valentine's Day 

Lehi and I are not big fans of Valentine's Day. We shouldn't need a holiday to tell us to be nice and thoughtful to each other. We like to keep it low key, have dinner (at home, because I hate crowds), tell each other "Happy Valentine's Day", etc. This year, I attempted to make (my very first) rack of lamb. It turned out pretty darn good! Certainly a lot of learning still for me, but it was a decent first attempt.

My all-time favorite tradition that no one will ever come close to (sorry, Lehi), is the one my Dad continues. A personalized ice cream cake for each of his 5 daughters, in 4 different states. He just waits for the credit card company to call and ask about fraud, because there are so many charges across the states. Naturally, I share with the boys, so they get to enjoy me being spoiled, too!

Basketball Beginner 

Lehi is playing in the Stake Men's Basketball games this season. While I wish I could go to all the games, schedules just don't work out that way--especially when they are late and we have kiddos in bed. After the first game, I got a text from Lehi saying, "Teach me how to basketball." He always reports back on how the games went, which I just cannot do justice trying to summarize his hilarious way of saying things. We ended up getting him is own basketball, practiced some dribbling in the kitchen, and even when to the gym for FHE another night and shot around.

Sick Boys can Still Rep 

I swear my boys could NOT be healthy this month. There was a lot of creativity between Lehi working from home, me canceling classes, and taking the boys to class with me. One particular lab, I had both the boys in tow, but the students were great with them and the boys did pretty well! (A previous attempt earlier this year was a bit of a hot mess, but we made it through!) Lincoln even got on the chest press and repped 12.5 lbs and impressed everyone. He was all grins. (Mav also put up the same weight, but was not nearly as entertained by the process as Lincoln was).

Beads Belong on Necklaces, Not Faces 

February also brought an urgent care visit for Mr. Lincoln. I got a text from Tasha towards the end of my class, saying Lincoln got hit in the eye, he seemed to be ok, but she was keeping an eye on him (no pun intended). Long story short, Maverick and Tayson were swinging Mardi Gras beaded necklaces around, super fast, and Lincoln just happened to get one to the eye. You could literally see the individuals beads from the necklace imprinted on his eye. His eyelid was swollen,so it was hard to tell if the bead his eye directly or his eye. Either way, the eyeball was red and didn't look awesome.  I decided it was better to be safe then regretful, especially when it came to eyes, so I took him to urgent care, where he was less that cooperative when it came to things like looking at the doctor or letting her shine a light in his eye. The doctor was amazingly patient and even brought in a balloon and made a giraffe balloon animal for him (she would move it around as she made it so she could look at his eye movement). In the end, we paid about $300 for that balloon animal, but I will take than over any eye injury! :)


I was starving on my way home from the appointment, Tasha was craving Rasing Canes, so I stopped to get a meal to bring back to her and split. When I got to her house, I told her to bring a plate out and I would divide up the greasy, fried chicken goodness. Her walking out of house with a giddy step, plate clutched to her chest, might be one of my favorite images of the month.

Little Miss Mak 

February was really the first time I was able to love on baby Mak since she has been born. I could NOT get over being sick, and did not want to be holding a preemie when sick. She is so darn cute and perfect. I am so grateful I live close and get to be her aunt!


More February Pictures:

Maverick crafting his heart out at Lindsi's house! 
He stood like this for a solid minute. 
Afternoon Date--found us a Philly truck!




Cereal "Linger longer" after church. We decided to try these out! 


Because I love fresh flowers. <3 These smelt AMAZING.







No comments:

Post a Comment