Zoorasic Trip
Our local zoo is all decked out in dinosaurs. I knew the boys would love it, so we loaded up and took the trip downtown. Maverick really enjoyed his "mission" to find all the dinosaurs and was so excited when he discovered they moved & roared. Mav is so funny because he hates walking through any areas with birds
because "it stinks so bad, Mom!" and usually tells me to push the
stroller faster. (I have no complaints doing this...because they really
do stink and there are way cooler animals to look at).
Since we have passes to get in, I usually let the boys decide if they want to feed the butterflies, ride the carousal, or go on the train. Maverick picked the train, which we do right before we leave.Well it just so happened that Mav lucked out this trip. We happened to pass the giraffes during their feeding time, so I paid the $7 for two lettuce leaves (insert eye roll) for Mav to fed Allen. Our prior tip, he decided that giraffes were his favorite animal, so he was elated at the chance to feed them. He was so proud of himself and kept saying it was the best day ever.
 |
| Mav fed the very last one; Allen |
 |
| The train whistle was "too loud." So he did this 90% of the ride. |
 |
| Mav's face is priceless |
Bowling
My kids are lucky to have Tasha as an aunt and that she lives so close to us because she gets me out of the house & comes up with fun things to do with the kids. This particular one was bowling. She discovered our local bowling alley has 2 free hours of bowling every week for kiddos over the summer; we just had to pay the $3 in shoe rentals. It was funny seeing how crazy competitive Brooklynn & Parker were. I was 99% sure Maverick was going to drop the ball on his feet, based off his approach of throwing it, but we left injury free. Lincoln was temperamental, sometimes anxious and excited to bowl, other times refusing to move; but it was close to nap time, so I couldn't expect much more.
Anniversary
Lehi and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary this year. Tasha & Andrew were awesome enough to watch the boys, pretty much all day, so we could spend lots of time together. We started with the Pearl Brewery Farmer's Market, went to the San Antonio Museum of Art, grabbed the boys for lunch & a nap, and then drove to Lockhart for some Black's BBQ for dinner. It was the perfect day. We had so much time to talk and ask questions. We have a tradition of firing off questions and having great discussions/conversation about them. We try to make the questions reflective over the past year of our marriage--what was your favorite date, what was your favorite family trip, where do you want to go next year for a trip, best quality, quality that needs improvement, etc. I crave uninterrupted, meaningful conversations, and the drive to and from Lockhart was the perfect medium for this.
 |
| Famer's Market for Breakfast |
 |
| The Museum itself is absolutely stunning; this is a courtyard outside |
 |
| "Babe. These climbing flowers are so pretty! Let's take a picture by them!" |
|
|
| Lehi" You can't even see the flowers." |
 |
| Again, gorgeous setting. |
We decided that for our gift to each other, we would finally buy the kitchen table I had my eye on for a long time. We spent one evening putting it all together when it was shipped to us, which was surprisingly a lot of fun. I love it so much and how much it brightens up our space. Lehi came home with the perfect Texas native flowers on our anniversary as a centerpiece; I LOVE fresh flowers on a table. Lehi also drove about 40 minutes (each way) to the one store that carries Tillamook for me.
Mav Quote
Backstory: about once a week, Lehi and I wake up to find Maverick in our bed; usually sprawled across the foot of the bed, like some strange cat. We have talked to him a lot about staying in his own bed at night.
Tucking Maverick into bed, "Mom. I am sorry I keep popping up in your bed."
More August Pictures
 |
| Linc was NOT happy Mav was in his picture...see next one) |
 |
| I came into the kitchen to find this...Lincoln is very subtle. |
 |
| Both he and Mav ate their ice cream sandwiches with a spoon. |
 |
| Play-dough cookies |
 |
| ....oh yeah. We bought a van! |
 |
| Our Bishop wasn't feeling well so we stopped by for a quick visit. I wrote the card from Mav work of word what he told me. |
No comments:
Post a Comment