american background

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Lincoln 8 Months & April

Lincoln is 8 Months


Weight: 16 lbs
6-9 month clothes
Size 3 diapers
Eats 8oz every 3.5-4 hours
Fake coughs to get attention
Sits on whatever you are working on
Loves "puff" snacks & Cheerios
Loves any solids with a base of bananas or apples
Perfected crawling--and does it fast
Pulls himself up on everything
Sleeps through the night (bed at 8ish, up at5 :00ish)
Crawls up stairs (with supervision)
Loves being sung to
Drawn to night lights & door stoppers
First bottom tooth officially cut through




_________________________________________________________________________________

Maverick Turns Three

We celebrated Maverick's Third Birthday Party this month with a Batman party. I had so much fun decorating for it! I even made a Lego Batman cake that made Maverick SO excited. He would point out the symbol to all of his friends and say. "Look, it Batban in it!"

Our kid party was in the morning with lots of friends. To keep them all contained, we rented a Superhero bounce house that was a big hit. I made all the kiddos Batman capes, too to wear around for the party. We had sandwiches, watermelon, chips, and cake. After the first flood of kiddos came then we had a few linger and play for longer (the Haynie & Dickson Family & Gray).

That afternoon we had the Westensee clan over for a couple hours before the bounce house was taken away. Maverick insisted he have "Parky" at his party, so we were sure to celebrate with them after he and Brooklynn got out of school. It also happened to be Brooklynn's school fundraiser at Chick fil et so we bought an insane amount of food and ate outside while the kiddos played.






 



On his actual birthday (we did the party early), Maverick opened his Batman "motorcycle car" as he calls it. He spent most of the day on it, too. Score for mom and dad! I also did a little birthday interview with him so we can remember the things he loved at this age. 
Height: 38 cm (61%)
Weight: 31.4 lbs (41%)

Smart Scolding 

Maverick was mad at me for  one reason or another one day and with all the energy his little body could muster, she shouted. "Mommy Thomas!" Calling me by my first and last name clearly did not have the effect he wanted it to because I about died laughing.

Cowboy Caveat

Maverick loves playing on his "Batman Motorcycle car". I looked out the window to see him driving in circles, over and over again, stick in hand singing, "Cowboy Maaaverick" continuously. Needless-to-say, that little car has become a vehicle for his imagination to run wild. He also barks when birds land on the fence to scare them away.


Sweetheart Sediment 

After tucking Maverick in, I told him, "I love you sweetheart."
"Why you say sweetheart?" He inquired
"It's another way of saying I love you." I replied, quickly and without thinking,
"Oh. I love you sweetheart!"
He also says "goodbye sweetheart" when he hangs up the phone with Lehi--just like mom does and "ok babe."

"Widdle Wincoln"

Since Lincoln has started crawling and is more mobile (and durable), Maverick enjoys playing with "my friend." Sometimes he calls Linc a doggy when he is crawling around, following him. Other times he will call for Linc to follow him to his room or another area of the house. "Wink!!" He will shout. And (my personal favorite) when Mav is looking for him "Ohh Wincoln! Widdle widdle Wincoln!!"
Maverick was sitting on the toilet and called for Lehi to wipe him and yelled. "Widdle Widdle Lehi!!"

Easter Excitement

Maverick participated in 2 egg hunts this year, one with a play group and the other with cousins. The play group one was way fun--lots of kiddos and lots of eggs. We had snacks, did a bunny craft, and then sent the kids outside. There were a good amount of kiddos younger than Maverick (and he is quick) so I decided to have him wear my shoes to slow him down. It worked like a charm! He didn't even complain about it!




On Easter, Maverick found the basket that tricky Easter Bunny hid. It was in a bin, under the blankets that reside there. Maverick had a hard time finding it so (since the Easter Bunny told me where it was hidden), I asked him to get me a blanket because I was cold. He ran up, grabbed the blanket, and immediately turned to run it to me and completely ignored the basket that was sitting there. So as soon as he brought the blanket to me I told him. "You know what. I am good now. Can you go put it back?" He almost missed it again, but paused and saw it. He was so excited. One of his favorite things in his basket was a large egg with Darth Vader on it.

We went to Tasha's later that night for Easter dinner--I made resurrection rolls for the first time this year and the kids enjoyed them! After stuffing ourselves, we sent the husbands outside to lay the eggs and then let the kiddos free!





Lehi's 27th 

Lehi turned 27 this year--his birthday celebration was pretty quiet but he went to Madagascar this year, which pretty much covers any type of gift-giving holiday for him. ;) I made some raspberry muffins in the morning--which Maverick insisted Lehi put a candle in as Maverick sang him Happy Birthday. Then Maverick said it was his turn, and so Lehi obliged and sang Maverick Happy Birthday so he could also blow out a candle. Lehi went to work then Tasha watched the boys for me so we could go to Saltgrass Steak House for lunch. It was delicious. Lehi went back to work and I got the boys. Maverick was SO excited for Lehi's birthday cake (leftover Easter cheesecake). Lehi got home, I went an coached Young Women's basketball practice then we ate cheesecake and sang Happy Birthday. Maverick picked out a Superman Themed Shaving Kit for Lehi (ages 4 and up) and I got him Star Wars Sountrack on vinyl.



Blue Bonnet Pictures 








No comments:

Post a Comment