Lincoln is 7 Months
-16.4 pounds-Size 3 diapers
-Crawling master (started about 6.5 months)
-Babbles lots--ba and da are his current favorites
-Trying to pull himself up on things
-Sitting up alone
-Solids in the morning & evening (loves banana and apple bases)
-"Stiff Legs" you when you try to put him down on the ground
-Picks up bink and puts in mouth
-Sometime decides using no hands and face diving into the carpet to get bink is the more effective method
-Up one time at night
-Happiest when wakes up
-Takes 2-3 naps a day ranging from 20 minutes to 3 hours
-Loves when you talk to him and play with him
-Gives biggest grins to Maverick
-Loves wooden spatulas ___________________________________________________________________________________
MARCH
Legendary Lego Batman
The Saturday before Lehi left for his trip, we decided to go see the new Lego Batman movie. We loaded up both boys, wondering if we were going to have to leave early due to lack of attention, but Lincoln fell asleep in the first 15 minutes and Maverick was captivated. We got some popcorn and a drink to share although Maverick LOVED having soda and did a great job hogging the cup. Lehi and I were laughing almost the entire movie and are not sure who liked it more, us or Maverick. We headed to the arcade they had in the theater (because Maverick wouldn't leave otherwise), played a few games, and headed home. Later that evening, we tried some overpriced cupcakes that were good, but not that good. You never know til you try!
Lehi's Madagascar Mayhem
Maverick helped me make a "count down" chain the first day Lehi was gone! We even bought Smarties for him to eat when he took one off. He colored paper that we cut and made our creation. I think that silly, simple chain kept my sanity. I usually reminded Maverick that we needed to take a chain off during a toddler melt-down or when he was being difficult to put to bed. He loved that thing and it always distracted him.
Other things that made the time bearable:
-The gym
-Play group
-Lori bringing us dinner
-People at church lending a hand when I was wrestling the boys (there were lots of these wonderful souls)
-Sees Candy
-Cadburry Eggs (Lehi sent 5 pounds to us when he was in Mada via Amazon)
-Aston and Brock taking Maverick to the bathroom when I was teaching in Relief Society
-Craig checking if Maverick was in the men's bathroom the following week when he ran in there before I could catch him
-Mandy bringing me dinner after the knee incident (discussed below)
-Ladies night
-Tasha
-Esther's Baby Shower
We had a play date with a friend that ended with the boys "baking" play-dough cookies in the oven and playing sword fights with spatulas while they were "baking." Little did I know that later Maverick put the cookies in my casserole dishes, covered them, and put them in the fridge (he even cleared off a shelf to do so) . These play-dough cookies were the real deal.
We also invented a new game called the "dinosaur game" where I said an animal and Maverick ran around the room like it would (the Dino is my favorite because he takes little quick steps with his arms positioned like a t-rex). It's kinda morphed with just making animal sounds and doing an action similar to what they do, but it was entertaining (and wore Maverick out).
Lehi returned with lots of souvenirs and gifts. One of my personal favorites is the Tillamook ice cream he bought in Huston (you can't get it here), packed in a cooler with ice, and drove back to me--along with a pound box of See's candies.The boy knows his way to my heart.
See's Swiper
At one point in the evening, I had taken a sees candy out of the box, put it on the counter, and gotten distracted with something. Probably an hour later I hear Mav in the kitchen exclaiming. "Oh I so happy! That make me happy." As he waltzed into the living room clutching my precious chocolate between his fingers. I convinced him to share it with me, so I suppose I can't really complain...too much.
Knobby Knees
April and I finished with our leg workout and decided to add something else to our routine. I decided it would be fun to add some plyometrics into the mix--so I pulled out a box jump and set it up. We were doing simple box jumps for our first 2 sets. The third, we added jump off the box into a squat. All of this seemed like a fantastic idea...until I came down off a jump into the squat and my knee gave out. I had completely forgotten that I do not have an ACL in that knee anymore and it completely collapsed (and bend in an unusual way, too, as April saw). So I just sat on the floor while April asked for some ice. Low and behold, our gym doesn't have ice (what the heck, I know), and she came back with a water bottle. I slowly got up and got the boys from Kid's Club and made my way to the car. April was so stinking funny this whole time and did everything she could to be helpful. It was terrible timing, since Lehi was still gone, with a cantelope for a knee. But April, Tasha, and Mandy keep good tabs on me and helped me out a lot. I call it my "stupid gym moment" now!
Ladies Night
The day before Lehi got home, I had a Ladies Night at my house and it was an absolute blast. One of the highlights was the wonderful Carol Blatter bringing a circular cake to cut with no rhyme or reason in mind. It all stemmed off a video she had posted on facebook that had the vast majority of the ladies at the party cringing, a video intended to ruin your day. It started with a perfect circle cake being cut randomly, and mercilessly, people cutting tomatoes with butter knifes, rubbing freshly cut onion on their hands, pouring skittle and M&M's in the same bowl, and a number of other melodies that made our skin crawl. So in the spirit of fun, Carol brought a circular cake to butcher with none other than a butter knife. It was hilarious, awesome, and conveniently Olivia's birthday the next day, so before the chain-saw like cutting, we threw candles in it and sang happy birthday!
Here Doggy!
Since Lincoln has been crawling, Maverick has gotten in the habit of calling him "doggy" and calling him in a similar manner.
Box-Like Booby Trap
Maverick's latest line of imagination consists of him tapping his chest while saying what he is turning into--whether is be Captain Hook, a power ranger (usually green), or Voltron. He does the same to me, too.
Whenever he hears Linc wake up from his nap, he says we are Superheros and have to save Linc from the booby trap he is in. We run up the stairs wit our arms above our heads like we are flying and every thing. He then bursts into the room exclaiming, "I save you, Wincoln!"
Lincoln's Leaping
When Lincoln was just attempting crawling, he got the moving arms part down, but struggled a little with those legs. So he would move his arms and then bunny hop both legs forward at the same time. It was hilarious. As he got the hang of the alternating motion of crawling, he would crawl normal one, two, three, and bunny hop. Now, the bunny hop seldom makes it's appearance but we sure enjoyed it!
Maverick's Memorable Prayers
Maverick's prayers have become more and more thoughtful. He tends to have a lot of "thankful for..." phrases and that is about it. A few nights ago, he gave a particularly memoriable prayer with lots of unique "thank yous". These were a few of my favorite:-My cool room
-Daddy no work today
-Batman
-My birthday coming up
He also likes to add "thank you go to home depot" recently in dinner prayers. He really likes that store.
Superhero Surprise
Another of my sanity-keeping techniques was to revamp Maverick's room from 4 tan walls, a dresser, and a bed into a better suited Superhero-loving toddler room. It took about 5 days and a lot of patience, but man was it worth it. Maverick loved helping me paint (I would give him a paint brush with very little paint on it, limit him to a small space on the wall, and then ask him not to touch it again when I rolled over it). He was a little upset the first time I "erased" his "family" drawing from the wall, but got used to it over time. I also touched up the baseboards and crown molding while I was there. As annoying as painting these highly textured walls of Texas was, the most time consuming piece of the project (hands down) was cutting up comic books and modge-podging them onto letters to spell his name. There were many times I silently cursed myself for picking a name that was so long and I trucked along, letter after letter. But it turned out better than I imagined!
Maverick also surprised me when putting final touches on the room when I turned around to find him finishing putting on the outlet cover! I quickly remembered the previous day when I swore I had taken the cover OFF and it was on later that afternoon when I went to paint that wall, I wasn't loosing my mind, mystery solved. Maverick had put it on, twice, with absolutely no help.
More March Pictures














No comments:
Post a Comment