Maverick Turns 2
Lehi and I both can't believe our little Mav Monster is 2. We officially have a toddler on our hands. I feel like I need to sit and observe him for a couple of weeks, taking notes the whole time so I can remember all the silly things he does and says, to be able to capture his personality in this blog.Favorite Words & Phrases:
"I don know" -- when ask him where something is
"woffl & cerl"-- favorite breakfast items
"dink" --when asking for his sippy
"batmn"--his FAVORITE super hero
"share, mom" --when he wants to eat what I am eating
"tank you"--we tell him to use his manners lots
"Go!"--when we have been in the house all day and he would like to go outside
"bite please"--another means of getting food from mom and dad
"book"--he loves reading books
"here go"--when handing you something or trying to help you do something
"I help"--he loves helping
"no"--no further explaining needed here
"mine"--especially when he is sneaking something and we realize it
"did it!" --when he is proud of himself
"bye!" --to everything & everyone: people, diapers taken to the trash, the baby, Dad,
"momma! or Dad" --for everything, it seems like
"Where dad?" --every week day, all day, to which I respond, "Dad's at work, Mav."
Putting Words Together (No he is a pro)
I'm Batman (with a cute addition)
A Few Favorite Things:
Batman. We watch a lot of Batman and play with lots of batman toys.
Bubbles. However, he wants nothing to do with them if they are occupying the same bath as him.
Books. We have read his entire basket of books on multiple occasions (and he a A LOT of books)
Planes & Trains (or "Choo Choos"). He picked out plane sheetsfor his bed, can't get enough toy trains
Being Outside. He would play in the yard for days on end if I let him
Rough Housing. Punching, kicking, "tackling," saying "pew pew" as he runs after you
Cereal & Waffles.
Dipping foods. Crackers in peanut butter, pretzels in frosting, chicken in ranch, etc.
Birds. He gets excited and says "tweet tweet!"
Sing Songs with Motions . "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home." "Popcorn Popping." etc.
Drinking his leftover milk from the cereal bowl
Playing in the sink & helping with dishes
Maverick is about 26 pounds and 2 ft 11 inches (ish) tall.
Recent Stories:
Feeling Weighed DownMaverick loves to be a big helper. After a day working in the yard, Lehi was bringing the hose from the back yard to the side of the house and hears Maverick shout, "I help!" Lehi suddenly felt the hose get heavier, looked back, and saw he was dragging Maverick (who had grabbed onto the hose to help) through the lawn.
Roles Reversed
Lehi was putting Maverick down for bed one night and laid down next to him in his bed. Maverick began moving around (as usual) and managed to wiggle to the bottom of the bed, where he quickly slipped out, ran past Lehi waving "Bye Bye" and shut the door.
Sit. Sit!
Maverick has begun to put pillows on the floor,look at you, pat the ground, and say, "Lay down." He also likes to tell you to "sit sit" next to him at the table when eating food or playing with play dough. Somethings this cute phrase can get very annoying when you are sitting in a place that is an inch from where he wants you.
Breakfast Prayers
Maverick now expressed an interest in saying prayers over meals. I tell him what to say and he will repeat the bigger words and does a great job! (Heavenly Father, thank you, food, thank you dad, good day, name Jesus Christ, AMEN!--He gets really excited to say amen). One morning, Maverick was saying the prayer and added on his own, "thank yu fo cereal." I was so impressed! He is a smart kid and catches on quick!
Birthday
We spent the day hanging out with cousins and finished it up with presents (spoiled little thing even got a gift in the mail from his Rexburg friend, Sam), cake, and ice cream. It was brought to our attention that Maverick does NOT like the birthday song being sung to him.
It should be noted that whenever Maverick watches this video, he tries to blow out the candles and yells "YAY" while clapping his hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment