Lehi and I have a goal to get out and do "stuff" in the area that we live so we know the fun places and events to go and the ones that are alright. We decided to get out and walk around the river-walk and see where we ended up.Unfortunately, morning sickness had the best of me--especially in the car. On our way to begin our adventure, I told Lehi I was pretty sure I needed to throw up. At this point, we were on a very busy part of the freeway. He looked at me and said, "I am not sure what you want me to do" and we casually and calmly had a conversation about if I was just supposed to stick my head out the window or if he had a bag in the car, or if we could make it over the other 4 lanes of traffic to pull over on the side. We decided on the latter and Lehi began maneuvering through traffic. We stopped on the side, I opened my door, and nothing. So we got back into traffic and after a few minutes hit some stop-and-go-traffic. Strangely, I had never been so grateful for this type of traffic, as we would stop, I would open my door and hurl, Lehi would tell me when he need to start moving again, I would bring my head in and close the door and wait...then we would stop again and repeat the same process. After lining a half a mile of the San Antonio freeway with the grapefruit that betrayed me, I purged my stomach of all it's contents. What a fun way to start our adventure! But I sure felt better!
Our starting point was the Farmer's Market--I love going to these! I went to the one in Rexburg almost weekly with Maverick. I am not sure what draws me to them, but I think they are a blast. This one was no different. We split an amazing cinnamon roll and BBQ brisket empanada--strange breakfast, but we wanted to a variety of food.
The walk down the Riverwalk was so pretty. I am glad we went in the Winter because we ended up walking about 8 miles throughout our little adventure. Maverick loved seeing he ducks in the water and would "quack quack" at them and wave to fellow walkers. We got an early start, so the weather was perfect.
Off to the Alamo we went. I decided I was hungry again so while Maverick and I waited in line, Lehi got us a Snowcone from a street vendor outside the Alamo. We began casually eating the sweet grape sugar nectar when we noticed a sign, "No food inside." Our laxed attitude of consumption quickly turned into a brain-freeze frenzy as we scarfed down our $5.00 Snowcone, our timer being the distance between us and the door.
We wandered the Alamo and all it's glory as well as the surrounding scenery and buildings. We made our way into the Alamo gift shop. Rumor has it they sell fantastic fudge (which I would care less about, but Lehi loves) to discover it was not only fantastic fudge, it was fantastically overpriced and we were too cheap to get it this trip. :) However, in our curious fudge-seeking efforts, we stumbled across these gems:
Maverick was slightly obsessed with this hat
But he pulled it off pretty well.
We continued our wondering, found ourselves in the mall for a bit, and then began our walk back to the car and find a place to eat along the Riverwalk. We decided on the Rainforest Cafe. While the atmosphere was fun and kept Maverick staring with wide eyes, we ended up seated on the second floor, next to the mechanical Tiger that terrified Maverick. As we were walking to the table, it got dark, a stoplight shone down on the beast, and it began to "thunder," causing the great cat to roar and move with quick motions. Maverick started to cry, we tried to conceal our giggles, and we continued to do every-time Maverick would look over his shoulder to make sure it was not moving (which was consently). Eventually, he got used to it's random turns to look at him, but we could still tell he was a little on edge. Perhaps in the future, we should request to be next to a less intimidating animal, like the frog.
Rainforest Cafe!
Terrifying Tiger
This was Mav's face...every time he looked at the Tiger.
Dad reassuring Maverick it was "ok"
We worked out a smile!
So...We Bought a House
Lehi and I were super excited to close on this beautiful home. We are looking forward to filling this house with our ever-growing family and entertain family and friends, now that we have space to put them! We also got to attend an early viewing of Batman vs. Superman, so we had that going for us, too.
This is the picture we saw online and fell in love with.
I have to add a shout-out to the Westensee family for letting us crash their place while shopping for a home. Maverick loved playing with his cousins and now that he is not living with her, he adores his Aunt Bobo. It was a little crazy all being under one roof, but it sure was fun. Maverick will point to a picture and light up while saying their names, although Tayson seems to be his favorite :) Also, being "sister wives" sure had it perks--cooking every other day was the best ever.
Typical trip to the grocery store
Maverick's first time playing with chalk. Brooklynn and Parker showed him the ropes.
"Take a picture of us, Mom"-- Brooklynn
Easter Festivities
Our first Easter celebration began when we went to the park for an Easter Egg hunt. All the mom's put a lunch item in eggs and left them in piles. (Items that couldn't be put in an egg--like sandwiches and drink, had a paper with a picture of it, so they could claim their prize at the table). The kiddos were told to take one egg from each pile and then they had a lunch in the park. This was Maverick's first attempt at an Easter egg hunt. He had a blast. Today, whenever he sees an egg, he gets really excited and says, "EGG!"
A few days later, we crashed Tasha's neighborhood park's egg hunt. The kiddos were all super excited and anxiously waited for the "ok" to fill their baskets with eggs! Unfortunately, there was a severe egg shortage, resulting in Maverick getting one egg, Tayson getting one egg, and Brooklynn and Parker showing me their empty baskets in dismay. I told them we would have our own little hunt on Sunday in the backyard to help ease the pain of an eggless basket after an intense hunt. But the park had a lot of other activities for the kiddos, Maverick's favorite were the animals you could see and pet.
Ready for the Hunt! Dad give tips
Maverick's Prize
Tayson and his egg
The Goat
The chicks were Mav's favorite!
Baby Goat!
Papi and Gigi sent Maverick an adorable Easter care package fully equipped with a bubble gun. Needless-to-say it was a big hit.
Lehi's family has a tradition of hiding Easter baskets for the kids to find in the morning, with the difficulty level increasing with age. Maverick needed a little guidance and help to find his, but when he recognized where it was, well...I will let you see for yourself:
The hunt in the backyard was much more successful than the one in the park. Before our delicious ham dinner, Lehi hid the eggs for the kids and we set them loose. They came back with full baskets and smiles.
Pure joy on his face
Annd...their off!
Evaluating his stock
Dad had some very tricky hiding spots!
Baby BOY #2
April was a packed month. We were so excited to announce that we were expecting our second baby!
We imagined the cutest pictures to take and post and then reality hit that we have a stubborn child who does not cooperate. So while it wasn't as we envisioned it, the picture is still pretty cute.
Please note: Maverick is Batman--there is a Robin cape "ready to go", and they are reading a Batman & Robin comic book. Also, Boy Wonder is the name of Robin--which worked nicely because baby #2 is indeed a boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment