11 Month Milestones
Says mom & dad...although he has no idea what it means
6 teeth with 2 more top coming through any day
Throws like a champ (football, trucks, etc)
Loves shoes
Moves to theme songs
Loves teddy grahams
Plays with truck
9-12 month clothes
Down to one nap (at 11:00) for 1-3 hours
Bedtime is 8:30 pm, sleeps til 7:30 am
Size 3 diapers
Eats 6 oz bottles
OBSESSED with "10 Fat Turkeys" (book)
Eats puffs by the handful
29 inches
20 lbs (ish)
Stories:
Germ Warfare
 |
| Sick Mr. Mav |
Maverick threw up 8 times in about an hour and a half (number of times puked on Dad: 0, Mom: 3...1 of the 3 was ALL over, I gagged and stripped down and put everything in the washer in about 30 seconds, if you blinked you would have missed it) so we decided to take him to the ER (urgent care & doctors office were closed). They said he had bug and gave us sulfran (to stop the puking) and told us to hydrate with lots of Gatorade. It was a LONG night. I wasn't feeling very good about 48 hours before and was just starting the recovery phase. At about 2 in the morning, Lehi and I were still up with Maverick, when Lehi runs to the bathroom and starts puking. Then he came out with a disappointed, melancholy look on his face, I look at him, and he had puked all over himself. (Another load of laundry along with the bath mat and anything else in the splash zone.) I am pretty sure I did 4 loads of laundry that night. At one point, Maverick threw up ALL over me again so I decided I would just get in the bath with him (an another batch of laundry began) So there I am, scrubbing puke off mine and Maverick's arms when Lehi comes in and says, "I'm sorry babe, my stomach hurts REALLY bad," as he proceeded to turn on the fan. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. We were quite the sight. Maverick and myself in the bath cleaning off puke and Lehi on the toilet in our small apartment bathroom. Needless-to-say I just laughed at our plight and though how ridiculous/pathetic we must have looked. I went into work that morning, after catching a refreshing 1.5 hours of sleep. I warned my students to not trust everything I said that day, because I was a little out of it.
For the next few days Maverick had crazy bad diarrhea. We went through about a box of diapers over the next 4 days or so. You would usually hear it happen, wait a few minutes to make sure he was all done, and another diaper would bite the dust. On one occasion (towards the end of the bug's potency), I heard it, smelled it, and waited with my nose in my shirt...Maverick pulled down my shirt, exposing my nose to the smell resembling sulfuric acid, and laugh, over and over again!
That Fairy Feeling
Lehi and I have been eating healthier this past month. More veggies and fruits, more oatmeal and less Captain Crunch, just little changes. One afternoon, Lehi looked at me and said, "Oatmeal for breakfast, now I'm eating nuts and berries...good thing we are having pork chops for dinner, I feel like a fairy."
S-T-I-N-K-Y
I have finally come to terms with the fact I am one of those mom's who does home workout videos. I am starting to think Maverick really enjoys this time of the day because he remains thoroughly entertained. When I am doing push-ups he will lay with his tummy on the ground and look up with his face right next to mine, he will play with my belly button when I am doing crunches, etc. One of these particular days, I was working the abs when Maverick crouches next to me, farts, and walks away. He is such a stinker.
"If I Obey, I'll Be Happy All Day"
I decided that using the bathroom will never, ever be a priavte experience anymore. On one occasion, Maverick kept sliding this book under the bathroom door...I think it was a hint. It was ironic that he chose that book because it was one of my favorites growing up. I have no idea why, but it was.
Pictures
 |
| Notice his favorite toy for the day: a dollar bill stolen from my wallet |
 |
| Too funny not to post |
 |
| Oh hi Mom, are you taking a picture? |
 |
| Ninja Turtle PJs |
 |
| "Gangster" shorts |
 |
| His favorite drawer. |
 |
| "Dr. Love" |
 |
| Showing us the latest yoga poses |
 |
| Takes after his mom...putting Dad's socks away |
 |
| His love of shoes |
 |
| Cowabunga! |
 |
| He does this when he is trying to hide something |
 |
| Pop-up book...lasted an hour before this horse's ear was removed |
 |
| Playing with his truck |
 |
| Partners in crime |
 |
| He LOVES pushing his high chair around |
 |
| Dollar Store box of Kleenex, glee for hours |
 |
| Mom and Mav |
 |
| So....he is a people watcher |
 |
| And this is the best way to sit in a cart and do so |
 |
| We wore him out by the end of our Sams Club run |
 |
| We love his Sunday outfits |
No comments:
Post a Comment