american background

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Maverick 7 Months

7 Month Milestones



On his knees and rocking--almost has the crawling thing down
Gets where he wants to go via army crawl
Loves standing up
Has 3 teeth (all on bottom)
LOVES cords -- HDMI cables, laptop/phone charges, etc. Headache for mom and dad
HATES peas. Didn't even make it to a spoonful
Favorite toys: red solo cups and a piece of rope
Enjoys pulling all the books off the shelf
Constantly crawling under the coffee table
Loves playing with the blinds in mom and dad's room
Constantly breaking out of his button up pjs
Pro Back-archer--especially when he doesn't want to get in the car-seat
Open drawers in kitchen and TV stand
Crawls to your feet when he wants to be picked up
Attempts to crawl over your legs on the couch to the coffee table or side table (no fear)
Size 3 diapers
6-9 month clothes
 5 oz every 3 hours
Naps at 10:30, 1:30, and 5:30
Still not sleeping through the night
Gets grumpy around nap time
Needing constant attention



Escaping the PJs

Loves his books

Getting into drawers

Mav. Monster under my bed

Before & After. The Book Monster

Loosing pants during crawling attempts 

Sleeping sound

Dad and Mav. Looks like Lehi is about to deliver the people's elbow

Stories 

Toe Biter 

I was reading in our bedroom when I heard Lehi cry out in shock, "Did you just bite my toe!?" Over the next several minutes I would break out in bursts of laughing fits and Lehi shouted, "Stop biting my toe!!" 

The Pineapple Predicament 

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights Maverick and I make trips to campus to bring Lehi dinner at work. One of these nights we had a special delivery of homemade pineapple pizza. With two pieces of pineapple on Lehi's last bite, I tried to grab one of them for Maverick to try. He dogged my grab like a animal avoiding a car, squinting at me in disgust. "Just a little sliver off of one" I assured him. He reluctantly tipped the small piece of pizza towards me. I proceeded to tear a small part of the pineapple and....the precious pineapple wedge plummeted to the floor. Judging from the look on Lehi's face I had just insulted his personal honor and his family's too. Two quick punches were delivered to my arm along with, "I told you not to!" Later that night, he was still complaining about the lost pineapple tidbit.  

Determined Dare-Devil 

On Maerick's heath provider's website there are pdfs with what to expect for different ages, what we should be doing as parents, and little tips. "Discipline by distraction" is what it advised us. Let me tell you. We try. He is a determined little stinker though. We will pick him up and place his the opposite side of the room, facing the opposite direction as the laptop charger (or anything else we don't want him playing with) and he will turn right around and squirm towards it. I tell you, this kid gets something in his mind, he will not give up!  

"I'm Bored!"

Lehi and I have noticed when Maverick gets bored with a toy, he will start to cry and whine. On one such occasion, Lehi remarked, "He whines every time he gets bored!" I quickly replied, "I wonder who he gets that from." Lehi rebuttled, "Nut-hu!"...I looked at him, we made eye contact, and both started laughing. He is his father's son.

Balloon Baby 

I was popping balloons left over from Rachel's baby shower (I would have a section for that BUT i realized when everyone left I didn't have the memory card in the camera. I thought I took tons of super cute pictures....) I decided to let Maverick play with a balloon. Entertained him for 45 minutes! (Which is a BIG deal for this child) Not only did it keep him occupied for that blissfull amount of time it wore him out! He was chasing that thing all over the living room, kitchen, and down the hall. Perfect prep for nap time. Yay for balloons!
Balloon Decorations

Mav and his balloon 

Halloween 

We had a few friends over to watch Hocus Pocus and eat junk food. I made the famous Thomas sour cream sugar cookies in the shapes of ghosts and pumpkins--a tradition Lehi requested we keep up. Our costumes were super last minute, but so so perfect for this family. 
Eagle's players and the football

Football Season 

Lehi plays competitive football at BYU-Idaho. Maverick and I religiously attend every game and cheer the 2 -years-in-a-row defensive MPV on. We LOVE watching him play.
Dad and Mav

Watching the other teams play 

Mom and Mav. going to game #1 

Soiled Sunday 

Every Sunday, Lehi and I alternate who takes Maverick for the last hour of church. This past week, I sat Maverick free and enjoyed the lesson. When church was over, I grabbed the car-seat and headed to find Lehi. I turned to exit the door and saw Lehi holding a naked Maverick. I automatically laughed and said, "Oh no." Maverick had soiled his Sunday clothes. We had some meetings after church, so we paraded our naked child down the church halls. 
He was pretty proud of himself

Football FHE Lesson

On Sunday night, I asked Lehi if he would be in charge of the lesson for FHE. He gave me the "really" look. I then requested a topic...football. I know the basics but I wanted to learn more so I could talk football better with Lehi. I think it is very important for you and your spouse to have common interests and to take the time to learn about each other's hobbies. So we pulled out the white board and markers on Monday night. It was a blast. Even Maverick had some fun erasing the white board for us.
Human Eraser 

Internship

It's official! Lehi, Maverick, and myself will be in Riverton for 8 weeks while Lehi does his internship with the CIT department of the church! They offered his 3 different positions and said when they come across an intern that multiple departments want, they let the intern decide. Lehi choose to work on LDS.org rather than familysearch and HR/International. I couldn't be more proud of him and can't wait for him to start his career. He is such a smart guy who always excels in anything he puts his mind to. 

Teething Rope

Lehi decided to give Maverick a piece of rope to play with...in attempt to deter him from cords, He loves that thing. It is perfect for a teething baby! He gnaws at that thing like crazy, I can wash it, and it generally keeps him entertained for awhile. Good call, Dad!

One more picture...

Our world.


No comments:

Post a Comment