american background

Sunday, July 24, 2022

October 2021

 General Conference

We kicked off conference with our traditional donuts (Duck Donuts Halloween box this time). All children willing sang their version of the donut song. Heather dropped off some conference activities for the kiddos--similar to bingo but without the bingo sheet (they taped the picture of the word they picked on the mantel for a treat and changed it each session) AND a huge fall coloring page.  They took a few breaks to play outside and there might have been a Nerf War, but they did a great job (overall) listening. We love conference!









Shoeboxes, Assemble! 

We ordered our Samaritan's Purse Shoeboxes and the kids got to work as soon as they arrived. Maverick is able to put a box together all on his own and Lincoln finished the lids on any boxes I put together. Brielle was our designated stacker. She would get mad when her leaning tower would topple, but we just told her, "Oh no! It fell down. Try again!" And she would giggle and get right back to it. We may or may not have moved around where she needed to stack them a few times to keep her occupied. I am so excited to get them filled by family, friends, and neighbors! 






Cornbelly Continued 

We did lots of Cornbelly visits, at least twice a week, (as you should with a season pass). Brielle rode a carousel for the first trim and was a little apprehensive to start, but warmed up quickly. We watched the dog show (trick pups) which Lincoln loved. The boys learned to play tether ball. Mav got a ring to catch on the ring loop game, and we made lots of memories.
I took Lincoln on a date (with Maddie) one day when they had a special and all the rides were free! He rode everything he could along with the usual attractions. I timed him to see how fast he could run through the corn pit (it is harder than it looks), we raced the duck races more times than I can count and got a cup of cookies to share. I tried to take Maverick later that day, but I would need to pull him out of school early to get the free rides. He didn't want to be taken out early and opted to finish out the school day.
Another day, Gigi, Poppi, and Lehi joined us. We saved the corn maze for when they came and took a good amount of time to find our way out of the Toy Story maze. The boys also saved their bull ride punches to show off their skills with our family audience. We loved being able to spend time with them and show them all the wonders of Cornbelly. 





























Thankfully Maddie saved this little number until AFTER I was home & not wearing her








Ghosts w/Gigi 

Gigi came to visit and made Halloween cookies with the kiddos. She is MUCH more patient than I am, making it a much more enjoyable activity. Brielle was a rolling pin hog and the boys were machines cutting out all ghosts and pumpkins. 



Painting Pumpkins 

Our little garden gave us 3 perfect pumpkins for the kids to paint. Brielle layered hers in coats of yellow, yellow, and more yellow (her current favorite color) followed by black. Baby Yoda made an appearance on both Mav and Lincoln's pumpkins as well. 
 





Halloween 

The much anticipated Halloween had arrived! Lincoln threw me for a bit of a loop with his request for a Revoli costume (a bird-like character from Zelda). I got my creative juices going and gave it a good effort. ;) (Please note we stuffed his thighs with grocery bags to make them look more bird-like).
Maverick was Link (t-shirt made by Karen with her vinyl machine so he could get lots of uses out of it). Mav made his own cardboard arrows and shelf as well. 
Brielle was, naturally, Minnie Mouse, so I created Madeline and Daisy Duck costumes. We had chicken noodle soup and rolls to fill us up and hit the streets. Brielle did great keeping up with the boys and had the whole trick-or-treating idea down in no time. We had a packed out, with the Lovells and Gina and Bill. A bit later, Lynn, Blynne, and Bailey joined us, too. After walking a couple houses, Lehi made the comment, "Oh, I better get Madeline home." And Blynne offered to take her back to the house and watch her. Lehi, attempting to use Madeline as an excuse NOT to go, grudgingly handed over Maddie. 








Quotables: 

-Lehi wrestling with the kids, Lehi kept yelling "mayhem" instead of "mayday"

-"I love you too, Dad." First full sentence Brielle has said. 

-Brielle requested "yellow" (on her color-changeable Millennium Falcon night light) when she wants to go to sleep 

-Watching Ghost Busters with the boys. "So you know what I did?" 
"That sounds like..." Lincoln, gestures to Maverick

-Me to Lincoln: "If I hear you ask about having another piece of candy, your Dad and I will eat two." 
Lincoln: "...can you and Dad have two pieces of candy and I have one?" 

More Pictures:





Lehi with hunting w/Matt fro 2 days. It was freezing and unsuccessful. 


Mav's owl art; Monkey was lost and found in the basement. It was a terrifying ordeal (for us)























Changed my Football fantasy name after losing game after game (ironically, then I started to win)









Trial run for Daisey's Bill






















No comments:

Post a Comment