Back to School:
Maverick is entering 2nd grade with Mrs. Terry. Started the morning off with his favorite German Pancakes, of course. Lincoln entered pre-k with Mrs. Kacey 3 days a week.
Lincoln Turns 5!
I cannot say enough things about this kid. He is so genuinely kind and caring. He loves playing with Maverick, Thomas, and Brielle. He is a big helper and insanely silly. Lincoln likes being independent, and is quick to give a hug and tell you, "I love you." He asks for snuggles every night and requests "Baby Mine" to be sung most frequently.."You are my Sunshine" might be up there, too. He has come a long way with his speech and works SO hard! We are seeing a private therapist this month and hope to continue to see improvements.
Lincoln really loves Pokemon and being with friends. He requested a Pokemon cake this year, Chick-fil-et for lunch, and friends over to play. We are so grateful for his sweet spirit. He is our peacemaker and comedian.
Yellow Bananas
Maverick wanted to play flag football this year. We signed him up to play with Dallin and lucked out with not only getting on the same team but having Richael coach. He did an awesome job learning the game, being aggressive, and having a huge smile on his face. During the second game, he was playing on the line and would run up and pull the flag of his opponent (and then talk to them a bit). We had to explain later, that you only really pulled the flag of someone with a ball. But it was hilarious to watch for a few plays and we loved that he was going after it!
He got good at pulling flags and was a pretty good little snapper. Brielle loved having the football and often had to wrestle it away from Cole and Lincoln when they were playing on the sideline.
Wrong Bus
We had quite the scare this month with Maverick. Thomas came home, along with all the other kiddos in the neighborhood, but not Maverick. I texted Heather to confirm that Thomas was home and she said "Thomas said Maverick missed the bus." I waited a few minutes, expecting to get a phone call from the school, but it didn't come. Naturally, I went into worry mode and called the school, trying to stay calm. I told them Maverick didn't get off the bus and we didn't know where he was. They said they would make some calls and try to find him. All the worst possible thoughts went through my mind. I wondered if someone took him if he panicked because he missed the bus and was walking, trying to find his way home, he was wandering around the school, etc. I texted my family asking for prayers. Ronnie told me she would come to my house to watch the kids so I could go look for him. It was absolutely gut-wrenching and I was terrified. Lehi told me he would drive around to try to find him and was getting his keys when Maverick walked through the door. He was pretty shaken up. I don't think I have ever hugged him so hard in all my life. He told me his bus driver to them to get on the bus with the tiger in the afternoon because his bus needed to go get repairs. So after school, Maverick hopped on the wrong bus. He must have just misunderstood what the driver was saying. He said he started to get scared when he realized he didn't see Thomas or recognize anyone on the bus. Luckily, the driver was able to stop at his normal bus stop and he got home safe. The school called a minute later and asked if he was home and I explained what happened. Thank goodness all the panic and terror only lasted a few minutes before he came home. It was something I pray I will never, ever experience again.
Cool Summer
The boys have made such good progress with their swimming! Maverick goes without his lifejacket, and while a little slow, he can keep up with the other kids. He jumps into the water and even went off the diving board a few times. Lincoln is getting a lot better, too! He wears a lifevest in the deeper areas of the pool but is slowly gaining confidence in the water. (Look at the back float). Brielle is a water bug and had no hesitation in her puddle jumper. She is perfectly content being in the water alone and will jump to me from the edge, too. We hit up Ronnie's pool a lot because it is awesome and they love playing with Dallin and Cole.
9 Years Hitched
We kept the anniversary pretty low-key this year. I had an inkling for sushi so we hit up Itto Sushi in Salt Lake. We got there around 4:45, waited in a line for them to open, and were quickly seated. Everything was amazing. I couldn't have been happier.
After sushi, we wanted to hit up somewhere for dessert, but everything was either closed or opened way later! It was a total bummer. We drove around for a while trying to find somewhere to go and then when we decided to try out Doki Doki (a Japanese dessert shop), it took us forever to find parking. It was super frustrating. Lehi got a unique milkshake and I tried out a crepe cake with leche-flavored cream. We are not sure it is a repeat place, but was certainly worth trying!
Quotables:
"Lincoln. Why are you drinking apple juice?" Lincoln, "....because there are no more apples??"
At church during a hymn, someone nearby started to cough. Brielle began to to mimic them, (fake) coughing right back.
"Brielle, can you put your baby in the swing?" Grabs a tiny R2 and then a transformer and puts them in the swing
Maverick at dinner, "are we out of sticks of corn?"
Lincoln at speech therapy evaluation. Mrs. Stratton asked, "Who is in your family?" He responded with what I expected--"Maverick, Lehi, Brielle, (he looks right at me, gives me a sly grin and says) Chewy."
Picture Dump:
Linc mocking my preggo belly
Me saving my book from a downpour after a dr appointment to monitor baby. Lehi eating a banana with a fork...like a weirdo.
Ice cream with Grandpa McDonald!
No comments:
Post a Comment