american background

Sunday, November 28, 2021

March 2021

 

Sweet & Savory Salads & Sandwiches 

Lehi makes some pretty extravagant salads or sandwiches for his lunch most days. Maverick and Lincoln decided they wanted in on the action and made salads of their very own. While the combinations made me, personally, want to vomit, they ate it all! 


Curiosity Museum 

I met up with Alyssa & her boys at Thanksgiving Point and we went to the curiosity museum for the first time. The boys were in heaven, especially the climbing area. We didn't see everything, because they were so content playing on the playscapes, both inside and outside. I did have each of them pick one additional thing to look at--they loved the virtual ski simulator, with a specialized chair that allows someone without legs/use of their legs to be able to ski down a mountain. It had been forever since I had seen Alyssa, so it was fun to catch up and chat (even thought conversations were often disturbed when we had to wrangle littles). 




Richael's Cat's Meow

This text had me in fits of laughter--to the extent of tears. Lehi thought I was crazy when I was trying to read the conversation and couldn't make it to the "cat" without laughing.  


30 Year Clean out

Kristina, Ronnie, Tasha, and myself all booked flights to Washington to help with moving/listing the house preparations. Ronnie and I obviously went to the airport together. Since COVID is still a worry for the nation, we all had to wear masks in the airport & during the flights. When Ronnie and I reached security, the worker asked Ronnie "Can I see your face?" In response, she raised her eyebrows as high as possible, opened her eyes wide, as to say, "here is my face." "Mam, you need to pull your mask down." I lost it, giggling like a school girl. 

Our connecting flight was the same as Bobo & Kristina, so we all got into Portland together. Kristina was pretty proud of her mask utilization as a mask (on her first flight). Ronnie brought her own mask, and chose the meditative pose below to try to sleep. 

Dad picked us up from the airport and proceeded to Burgerville so we could all get our shakes. We were too early for any seasonal shake (boo) and they changed their flavors. It was a little disappointing, to be honest. Still a good shake, but nothing like their fresh, seasonal strawberry or raspberry. 

The next few days all blended together. We worked our butt off, usually having about 12 hours days. Randy was kind enough to let us borrow his dump truck, which we filled....twice. Along with countless Goodwill runs. We went through all of that house, including the attic. Kristina posted things for sale, she, mom, and Bobo cleared out the storage room (Ronnie and I had to avoid that job being preggo) but we worked elsewhere.Mom may have blocked herself in on accident at some point (see pictures). The 30 year old food storage was given to a few families to feed to their chickens, which was significantly better than being thrown in the trash. We also worked outside, weeding the "wall" raking leaves and helping tear apart the side deck above the shed.

One particular incident worth mentioning is our sneaky game plan to get the huge carpet cleaner into the back of the dump truck. Tasha created a diversion by telling Dad she needed to ask him about something while I hauled the thing up the basement stairs. At some point, I had to hid with it in the bathroom until the coast was clear. Eventually, it made its way to its fate, with so many, many, many other items from the dark coven of the basement storage room. Ironically, when Randy was helping to cover everything with a tarp for transport he said to Dad, "We had to throw out our carpet cleaner, too a few years ago" when Randy noticed it among the rubble. Tasha gave him the most Tasha-worthy glare and we laughed like overtired sisters do when she told the account later that night. 

Bobo also realized while trying to check into her light that she booked her return flight...about a month later. After many phone called to Andrew, telling him to fix it, she ended up booking a very expensive flight back to TX.


















Souped-Up Captain America

For FHE, we had a lesson about the Armor of God. I made the different parts of the armor out of tin foil and as we read about them, the boys picked the piece and put it on our Captain America. They had so much fun with it. Simple ways to teaching gospel principles is the best.



 

Early Easter Bunny

Due to COVID restrictions, the city did not have an Easter egg hunt, but you could sign up to have the Easter bunny visit your house early and leave some eggs on your lawn. The boys were so excited to see all the bight colored spheres on our dead law. Brielle got the hang of how things happened and jumped right in.



Brielle the Brave

This girl climbing everything. Everything. Chairs. Into her high chair. Bathroom countertops (w/bathtub assist), tables, and countertops. Please send help.


Quotables:

Negotiations. The boys lost half their screen time for the next day because they didn't put away all of their clothes/their room was a mess. Maverick was crying, Lehi compromised with "however long it takes you to clean up is how many minutes off your screen time." (I reminded I would check to see if it was done correctly, so they couldn't haul through it and do a poo job again). Lincoln gave a very heartfelt prayer that night which included "pleas bless we clean our room in one minute tomorrow."

 

Mav: "Can I come out of time out?"

Me: "Yeah."

Linc: "Can I come out now?"

Me: "I never told you to go in."

 

Maverick was crying because he misses Parker. He told me "my life has just been so hard without him." When I asked what has been hard he said, "Parker always helped me make good choices and it is just so hard without him telling me." Oh how we miss our Westensee family.


"Thomas Eyes"

This month, when we ask Brielle where her eyes are, she squints the most powerful squint you have ever seen. She puts her whole face into it. And it is one of our favorite things. Lehi started referring to it as "Thomas eyes." 


More Pictures











Nickle Arcade for Jackson's birthday

Hide-and-Go-Seek Champ
 
Lincoln's face when he is getting scolded



"Helping my Mom"


At Uncle Matt's




             Stopped on our bike ride by a cop who gave Linc a sticker for wearing his helmet

















No comments:

Post a Comment