american background

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

November 2019


Naturally, Brielle joining our chaos is the highlight of November, but she will get a post all on her own. This is everything before & afterwards :)

Vintage Market Days 

I was able to go to a super cute Christmas boutique with my cute friend, Michelle.She was super brave to take a wadding 39 week preggo along with her ;) It was literally in a big barn and freezing cold, but it was so much fun. There were a ton of shops to browse through--which made it hard to really narrow down what we wanted to buy. I came away with some pretty awesome finds!


Home Depot Workshop

I took the boys to build some birds this month at Home Depot. They had so much fun and were so proud of what they built.(I love that Maverick is practically cradling it in his picture). For the most part, I just got the nails started and let them go to town on it. Later, they took them outside to continue to work on them (I guess) and Lincoln ended up taking off part of his' beak with a hammer. He was not the least bit distressed about it. Both birds are watching over the game room from their perch on the shelf. 





"Ice-cuse" Me?!


As mentioned in last month's blog, ice was my best friend towards the end of my pregnancy. I would down **crushed** ice by the cup, at least 12 times a day. Ice is Lehi's nemisis.
I was in absolute distress when our ice maker in the fridge stopped working. I yelled out loud in utter dismay and horror. It was like crushing my very soul. I moped for most of the day, trying multiple times to get ice to drop but it never fell. FINALLY, Lehi came over to the freeze, flipped the switch to turn the ice maker back on, and confessed to turning it off earlier BECAUSE I HAD________. He is lucky he was not murdered in his sleep that night.

Heart & Soft Heart

We did a quick activity before bed (suggested by the Come, Follow Me) that the boys loved. I grabbed a cup of water, a hard toy, and a towel and brought it to their room. I had each of them pour water on the toy, then the towel. We talked about how the water fell off the toy but was absorbed by the towel. Like the towel, if our hearts are soft, we can understand what the Lord wants us to do. But if it is hard, we won't be able to understand.

Before Baby 

The day before we had Lincoln, we took Maverick to Menchies for frozen yogurt and "us" time before we had another baby join the family. We decided to keep that tradition alive and took the boys, all dressed in PJs, to get some fro-yo. We were tired, they were wired, and we were all anxious for the next day! 

Grandparents Visit:

Having parents come help with a baby is the best. My mom is a big time lover of newborn snuggles, so she was in heaven. Dad likes it too, but he will never take a baby away from my mom.😉 One memorable story was when Dad stuck one of Goose's toys in the back of Maverick's PJs and Maverick could not get it out. Mav ran all around the house with Goose nipping at his tail, biting the toy. The movie-like scene lasted for a solid 3 minutes. Dad was laughing so hard he was crying! 

The boys loved spending time with Grandma & Grandpa McDonald and I loved having the help. I think seeing my parents with my babies makes me appreciate all they did for me, to take care of my when I was growing up. It is a pretty tender moment seeing Brielle snuggled with my mom, like I am sure I was, 28 years ago. 



Batman sticker was from Lincoln
The dog toy game








Gina came a few days later to spoil us. :) She and Lehi took the boys to the Zoo, to give them so much needed attention. Lincoln LOVED the monkeys (as you can tell in a pic below) and thought they were the coolest things ever. They got to feed giraffes and took some pretty cute pictures with the Christmas cut-outs. Gina was a huge help in playing with the boys and snuggling with Brielle so I could sleep. We love having Gigi time--from board games to rough housing.











If you look closely, you can see Gigi is in there! 
When Gigi had to go home (it was a sad day), she left behind a surprise--a beautiful crochet blanket "for my Eagle loving family." She started to learn how to crochet last year and has shared her talent with us! She also made Brielle a blanket and blanket toy. We are going to miss her!!



Disinfectant Surprise:

When I do some deeper cleaning, I usually give the boys the job to wipe all the handles/doors in the house with Clorox wipes. I went along my normal cleaning, trying to monitor how many wipes the boys are using. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Maverick.....wringing out a wipe....into the cup of ice I had been eating. Thanks, buddy!

Ah yes, Pear. 

Lehi and I really love our Sparkling Cider for Thanksgiving...we get way more than we need and I'm ok with that. One evening, Lehi asked me what flavor I wanted and I said, "surprise me." He then handed me this super classy kids' cup. I took a sip and said, "Ah yes, pear." to which Lehi replied, "Uh, no mango." As soon as he said it, I knew it was indeed, Mango. We both laughed at my lack of taste bud finesse (although I am not entirely convinced my lack of sleep had something to do with it).


Lincoln's Sayings:

"Where is you, Mav?"

"I love all you!"

I need more candy! But no......(as he sighs....)


The Bad Seed's Heart 

Our friends gave Maverick a book a few years ago for his birthday called "The Bad Seed." It is an adorable story that Maverick would ask us to read almost every night for a solid month (and that is saying something for him). Randomly one day, Maverick told me,
"Mom, I know how he became a bad seed. His sunflower was his heart. And it broke his heart.... when it fell."

A Child's Prayer:

We put our Christmas tree up (AFTER Thanksgiving 😉) and upon setting it up, found a section of lights out. Maverick was beside himself and said repeatedly, "Christmas is ruined!!!" (I have never met a kid who loves Christmas as much as he does). We were tired and really didn't feel like dealing with it, so we let it be for the moment and continued decorating. A few hours later, while we were all dispersed around the house, Maverick came bursting into my room with an ear-to-ear smile. "Mom! I prayed the lights would work and they did!!" I guess he had gone up to his room and said a little prayer, the same time that Lehi decided to work on that section. We were both very grateful for his example of faith and how quick he was to pray.

Other Memorable Moments this Month:

Maverick trying to plan a grape in the yard. He was determined it would grow.

Maverick asked Lehi to show him what a charlie horse is.....it ended with him crying.

(A few) Brielle Newborn Pictures: 













More November Pictures:

Monster Golf w/Cousins
Bowling w/cousins & Dad 



Brielle went bowling, too! 


 

Thanksgiving feast at school!

 

Living my best life. I. love.hot.cocoa.and babies. 





Best friends in the making





Tillamook in TX???!?

I threatened to watch this (Mandalorian) without Lehi....it didn't go over well.






Another bowling pic...can you tell Parker lost??






My the Christmas movies begin!

They always wear these when decorating the tree 




First Eagles Game! 

I think this may be Brielle's life, summarized in one meme.

 
Maverick picking a colorful leaf to bring inside 







The next 3 pictures Lehi showed me later...he said, "I walked out of my office and everyone was sleeping!"




No comments:

Post a Comment