Wrapping up our summer this month! We started it off with the boys being in charge of FHE and requesting an obstacle course. Lehi and I decided to be kind enough to have the boys set up the course 😉 and then proceeded to cheer them on as they ran through it. I am pretty sure they would have played all night if we let them! Thank goodness for college couches we don't mind if they rough up.
The Beginning of Crumbl
We got a Crumble in our area, so Tasha and I naturally had to hit up the free cookie opening before heading to Costco. I think the evidence of us liking it can be seen on Lincoln's face. I am pretty sure he ate some of that paper, since he refused to let me roll it down for it. It kept him entertained our whole Costco run, so I can't complain--although that pile of saliva & mushed cookie it became by the end was less than appetizing.
The Lion King
Every once-in-awhile, we will see if the kids have a long enough attention span to sit through a movie at the theater. This month was one of those trials, as we took the boys to see the live action Lion King. Lincoln got a little restless, but the popcorn and drink certainly helped. Lincoln pretty much claimed Lehi's drink as his own and insisted it stay in his cup-holder.
Pump It Up
Using our awesome Pogo Passes, Tasha and I loaded up the kids to pump-it-up. They were so attentive during the instructional video. During the jumping chaos, Tasha would tell Parker to do something and he wouldn't because "it was against the rules." We left "rug-burn" free, although Tayson did lose his dead fingernail (shut it in a truck door a few weeks back). Lincoln went into the wind simulator, shut the door, couldn't get out, and then screamed until someone let him out (I didn't see him go in). I have never seen him run to fast as he did to find me for comfort. It was so sad but so funny all wrapped into one.
Anniversary Celebration
We started out the day right with Lehi getting me flowers. Fresh flowers are my favorite. I would have them on my table all the time if they weren't so darn expensive! We attended a temple session and dropped by the awesome Lisa's house for some birthday cake & s'mores macrons.Then we headed to a Brazilian Steak House. I have never been to this type of a steak house...it was amazing. So.much.delicious.food. The service was fantastic, the setting was beautiful, and the company as handsome as ever. The funny thing is we both thought we were celebrating our 8th anniversary, and it took us until about half way through the day to realize it was actually our 7th. Whoops! We also failed to take a picture together.
Saying Thank You
The Come, Follow Me lesson this week talked about showing our gratitude. So we had the boys write notes to their primary teachers.They told us what to write and we wrote it word for word. Oh my lanta, Maverick is so funny. Among the highlights, "I'm excited for you to go to heaven." (Lehi asked a clarifying question before writing it and Mav explained that he was excited for them to be with Jesus again). Also. "Have fun when you go to Chuck E. Cheese" ...he said it is just a fun place to go and had no idea if they were actually going there or not. Needless-to-say I am sure it was an unexpected card. Lincoln's was about perfect for a nursery child. :)
Lincoln's is Three
...but he will get his very own post for that. :)
Maverick Meets Kinder
Maverick has his first day of kindergarten! He was so very excited. In fact, he walked right in the classroom without looking back or giving Lehi or I a hug. (We teased him about that one when he got home). He got to play with sparkly play doh and even brought some home, along with his "first day of kindergarten" hat. His favorite thing about the day was (drum roll, please) recess. Atta boy! Lincoln had a bit of a harder time letting Maverick go.
August Quotes:
Maverick: "I don't wan to go to Primary. All we do is sing and sing and sing and sing and sing."
(Anyone else have an image of the Grinch go through their head??)
Maverick rant while tucking in for bed:
"I wish Christmas being sooner because it's my favorite holiday." Did you know Shelf brought me these pajamas? He was hiding in my backpack when he brought them. Mom, it would be so funny if Shelf got all wrapped up in a present and was the only one who knew how to work the toy machine and the whole room would be full of toys...Mom. The elves are incredible because all the toys they make."
Maverick noticing Lehi's blisters on his feet from playing basketball with other guys in our ward: "I have faith Jesus can heal your feet; He doesn't just heal kids!"
More Pictures:
 |
| Lincoln...being Lincoln |
 |
| He doesn't eat a tortilla without making eye holes first. |
 |
| Lehi spotted this fella in our yard while mowing...glad it wasn't me! |
 |
| ....Mom & Dad's bed looks like a great place to take over. |
 |
| Waiting to pick-up Maverick |
 |
| I was asked to be this sweet lady's escort for her first time in the temple! Yvonne is amazing as was the experience. |
 |
| Sunday naps |
 |
| Maverick rearranged my pins while I was sewing new burp-cloths for baby |
 |
| This pink stuff is going to take some getting used to ;) |
 |
| Last pool day of the summer (most likely) |
 |
| Parker towing around Lincoln |
 |
| The cousins. Maverick is making leaps and bounds with his swimming this year! |
 |
| When Lincoln falls asleep, Mav & Mom get sonic icees |
 |
| Working on powerpoints for a class, Maverick was working next to me (he did his best to copy the side) |
 |
| Normal day of play for these two cuties. |
 |
| I LOVE that he is perfectly content playing with his toys alone (for the most part) |
 |
| Napping on his sister |
 |
| Treats for potty training! |
 |
| Packing the church bag...in his Eagle's hat |
No comments:
Post a Comment