american background

Saturday, March 2, 2019

December 2018

December 2018


Let's be honest, Christmas pretty much deserves a post of its own, which consists of a photo dump and a paragraph or two. But this year, man it was pack with such goodness; including a surprise visit from Kristina and her kiddos. So, for once, my December post is going to be a photo dump and the details will come with Christmas post.


The boys were SO excited to decorate the tree, so I let them have at it

The finished product after the boys decorated

Was waited for Dad to get home to put the star on the top (Mav insisted)

Shopping with me & Bobo

And...the tree after I re-decorated; I found a new ornament set that I LOVED and Tasha bought it for me!

Golds, silvers, whites and mints. Perfect!

I surprised Lehi with a date night at home (without the kids). Made this solid fort, we ate Perry's pork chop (that Tasha picked up for me), watched Jingle all the Way (first time for me) and drank hot cocoa.


The fort may have stayed up for a day or two after the date because they boys loved it. 

Writing lists to Santa (while eating go-gurts)

Mav (& Linc's) list

Setting up the train 

Family Christmas card pic--all of us sporting our Eagles PJs! Mav posed for this all by himself

Our cute Mav rocking his Eagle's PJs.

"Silly face"

Stinkin' Lincoln

"Silly face"

Boys love the train.


My parents got me some garland for Christmas for my banisters--so in love! Hobby lobby for the win for the little additions.

Roasting s'mores for FHE; Mav gave a solid lesson about our 5 senses using a marshmallow; the headband was a needed accessory

This kid hardly ever falls asleep outside of his bed or car seat. 

Maverick wanted to see himself in my side mirror camera (it turns on when I use my right turn signal)

Date night! Fralo's pizzeria with live music by no other than Mr. Andy Gutz (who came into town for the weekend and booked a show here)

This pizza was DIVINE. Caramelized pears, gorgonzola, arugula & prosciutto

I had some extra garland, which worked perfectly for the TV stand. I threw up some wrapping paper in the doors, too!

Ward Christmas party included a "snowball fight" room. Mav was in heaven. The Blatters were great sports being his primary targets.


Mav chatted with Santa for a solid 5 minutes, totally undisturbed.

Mav drew a picture of Grandpa McDonald (the writing additions are things he explained to me)

And Grandma McDonald, too. 

This year's Christmas treats--"apple pie" caramel apples. Took a bit of time but they turned out so so yummy!

This month we have been trying to get rid of the binks...he keeps finding them!!

I told Maverick how President Nelson asked me to read the Book of Mormon by the end of the year; he quickly grabbed the children's version we read at night and told me he was going to, too!


These are one of Lehi's favorite Christmas snacks; when I found them at the store & brought them home, I sent him this pic. 

Boys "weeding" the yard. Note Mav's yellow gloves.

One of my favorite pictures ever.

This is my favorite though.

Cousins playing with the train.


Dundee Award for Tyler's Christmas present

Joe's Dundee Christmas present

Riverwalk during Christmas

Phantom of the Opera with the amazing Karen Burger. The Majestic theater is stunning and so beautiful inside!

After Phantom of the Opera!

Like father, like son

Tantrum over something....hahaha

They made a gingerbread house in nursery and everyone got a piece. Lincoln was SO excited about his cardboard one!

When student evaluations at UTSA get awkward...

Maverick's Pre-K Christmas party/performance

Seriously the cutest hats.

Oh Maverick. 

Last minute house project--painting a lighter blue in the game room 


Forgot to take before pics....light blue for the boy's bathroom!
Tasha brought over all the supplies to make Christmas trains!

Lincoln came into the bathroom Sunday morning and gave me these fake flowers.



USAA Christmas party--featuring JOURNEY

Clearly we need to work on our selfie skills.



No comments:

Post a Comment