american background

Thursday, March 8, 2018

November 2017

November 2017 


Phrases My Toddler said this month that I am thankful for:
* "Widdle, widdle Wincoln!!! Come play!"
* "Hey 'bomination. Come get me!" (refering to Hulk's nemasis the Abomination, aka Lehi).
* "I taking all your hugs so they can be safe."
* "Mom, will you be my forever?"
* "Do you know how much I love you, soooo much! I show with snuggles!"
* (opening the cupboard) "You got to be kiddin' me! Mom we didn't get juice at the store!" (we call water flavoring juice in our house...)
* "Mom, will you hold me? It's gonna take a while!"

November was pretty awesome. One of the highlights was having Joe & Tyler come stay for a weekend. While I didn't see them much, I know Lehi was having the time of his life. There were a lot of movies, BBQ, and (the crowning event) the Eagles Cowboys game in Dallas, where the Eagles annihilated 37 to 9.


Saturday afternoon of the bro-weekend, I went shopping at a consignment sale with Tasha. I scored some pretty sweet items like a Penn State sweat outfit for Lincoln for $2.00. It is one of my favorite things for him to wear. I was with Tasha, sitting in the typical San Antonio Saturday traffic, trying to call Lehi to see what his plans were that day. He didn't answer. Not moments later, Tasha said, "Brei, isn't that his car up a bit in front of us? Yes, it is, I see the Eagles sticker!" She then informed me that I needed to get out of my car and go scare him. The issue was, I was driving, so I told Tasha she needed to. After a speedy and rapid debate, that only sisters can accomplish, she slid over to the driver seat while I took off, running down the freeway. Oh the looks I got. I ran up the the side of Lehi's stopped car and pounded my hands along the length of the car--from the back window to his. The affect was terrific. Those boys were all taking deep breaths and in complete shock. Lehi puffed, "I was calling you back!" After establishing that I scared the tar out of them and another short conversation I jogged my way back up the freeway to my car. Turns out I forgot to ask what their plans are, so I had to call him again.


When the boys were getting ready Sunday morning to head out to the game and were loading up the car, Maverick quickly ran the Pikachu plush toy out to Joe, concerned that he would leave it. (When waiting to pick up Joe from the airport, Lehi & Tyler won it as a prize at the arcade and gave it to Joe). Joe told Maverick that he could keep Pikachu and that he knew Maverick would take good care of him.

Our Thanksgiving feast at the Westensee house was perfect. It was low key with a ton of food. Colten and Joanna were able to join us, which made it that much better. Joanna and Tayson were pretty much BFFs and he talked her ear off the entire evening. Obviously I had a bit of an epic fail in taking pictures, but I did snap one of my apple pie I had just a little too much fun (and perhaps time) making:


Like idiots, we went to Tasha's 9 am cycle class the day after Thanksgiving. Nothing makes you regret bad eating as a hard workout. It was competitive, fun, and another excuse to down delicious leftovers later.

The day after Thankgiving, we pulled out the Christmas totes and got to work. The boys LOVED the train. Maverick loved it so much, it ended up being a tool for discipline. "If you don't (insert request here), then you can't play with the train." We also made Christmas lists to Santa. Lehi and I were both a little blown away at Maverick's heart of gold when one of his items was "flowers for mommy."

Tasha and I also took the cousins to see Santa at Bass Pro Shop towards the end of the month. They were all so excited. I learned later that the particular Santa is nationally ranked! Both of us were super impressed with the time he spent with each child and how he really listened to them. Lincoln...clearly did not feel the same. He pretty much did a silent scream until the picture was taken and then let it all out as I was going back to get him.
Making his list 

He couldn't say "scooter" without making these motions.

"Big telescope, cool jet, Paw Patrol toy, coloring books, crayons, a new jacket, new Nikes, Transformer toy, Flowers for Mommy, Scooter" 

As soon as he found his Christmas "hat" it seldom left his head over a few days 

Leaning how to operate the train 




Lincoln decided the Mr. Potato Head glasses were just his size. 


Bass Pro Shop Santa pictures. Mav's form is on point.

Cousins



And...for more November pictures:
These boys LOVE playing in the cupboards.



#momofboys







Maverick loved his hat he made in "pre-school" 

I hear the chair moving when sitting in the family room, didn't think too much of it because that is a common sound with Maverick. Then I heard Lincoln grunting and thought I better check it out...he had climbed on the counter with no assistance other than the chair.


No comments:

Post a Comment