September 2017 -- Sister's Weekend
The highlight of this month (for me) was the epic Sister's weekend. I had to come up a day after all the others due to work, but they got me up to speed pretty quick. They spent day 1 on the lake, doing what McDonald girls do best.
Day 2 was also a lake day. The girls taught me how to wake surf--which was apparently hilarious because I like to stay in a squatting position rather than stand comfortably. Ronnie and Tash attempted to wake surf together, on a single board. It was a huge mess, but we all got a huge kick out of it. Ronnie played "catch the cheetos" when she was on the board along. Tasha got pretty good at water skiing and even got up on one ski--which is ancient and padded with a sock. Natalie landed wrong on her (multiple times dislocated shoulder) when getting tossed out of the tube, and Kristina showed us all up with her wake cutting on a slalom ski.
We always have some twisted way of gambling over epic Nertz games that last until the week hours of the morning. This one was particularly mean, with gambling round being declared by each person at a random point in time. Everyone who lost had to pick an "Bamboozled Bean" from the cup of doom, clearly eat it, while declaring if it was a good or bad one. Among the highlights were Natalie getting "sour milk" at least 4 times, Tasha dry-heaving on "dog food," and Ronnie having to chomp down ten times longer than anyone else because she has a terrible sense of taste. I will have to make a compilation video--we would record each gambling round. The current videos won't play--but the still shots do a pretty good job illustrating the anticipation & excitement.
At one point of the gaming, Kristina made Tasha mad....and Tash dumped her entire box of Sees candies on the floor. Absolutely no hesitation. I also managed to be a slug of chocolate--somehow I left a trail wherever I went, especially with the Haggen Daz ice cream bar, which ended up on Natalie's night gown that she bough because it reminded her of Grandma Heiner.
Talin casually mentioned to Kristina that he has a football game on Saturday....and that all of her sisters would be there. He then asked if we were going to go to him game. Kristina told him probably not--we have a lot of things planned. So naturally, we showed up with a big sign. That kid lit up! It was the cutest thing ever.
We spent Saturday just spending time together, running errands and shopping. That evening ended up being a highlight with us making the most ridiculous videos for my parent's birthdays. These consisted of us brainstorming memories and then attempting to reenact them for the camera. Oh the things we came up with and remembered! We were able to face-time mom and watch her watch her video when we were all together--of course she had no idea we were recording her reaction, too.
Since I am so delayed in blogging, I have forgotten a lot of details! So I will just share pictures (I would have more to jog my memory if my sisters has sent me some like I have been asking for the past month). I do have a note on my phone that I wrote so I wouldn't forget:
Ronnie: "I had a dream last night I was walking dogs, but instead they were big white polar bears."


No comments:
Post a Comment