american background

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Lincoln 5 Months

Lincoln is 5 Months!


-13.7 lbs
-Size 1 Diapers
-0-3 month clothes
-Rolls from back to belly ALL the time
-Eats 4 oz every 2 hours during the day
-Wakes up 2 times a night (had a stretch of about 4 days being up every 2 hours)
-Gives big smiles
-Lots of giggles
-Most ticklish on his thighs
-Grabs everything in front of him
-Best smiles go to brother
-Fights sleep
-Little heat warmer
-Everything goes into his mouth
-Babbles often
-Loves being held so he can stand up
-Starting solids--but has an awful gag reflex and he throws most of it up
-On reflux medicine (hopefully will help with weight gain)
-Welcomed in 5 months with an ear infection







January Stories ______________________________________________________

Noodle Baby

Lehi and I went to dinner at a Thai restaurant with some work friends. I was crazy enough to bring both boys to this otherwise childless event. Lehi worked on wrangling in Maverick and I was holding Lincoln on my lap while consuming delicious pad thai and massaman. At some point, Sam looked at Lincoln, paused, looked at me, pointed to Lincoln's head and said, "You dropped a noodle on your baby." 

The Hidden Treasure

Lehi came home from the store with a very accomplished grin on his face. 
"Look what I found dear," he proclaimed as he pulled out lime tortilla chips. They were on the top shelf, hiding."
Me: "Did you have to jump?"
Lehi: "Yes. I did." 

The Door Decision

Maverick has become quite the mocking bird--especially when it comes to "scolding" or routines. I decided to take a precious nap on Sunday afternoon. I was all curled up in my bed when Maverick came into my room. 
Mav: "Mom. I lob you. I close door so Wincoln don't wake you up." (Something we use as an excuse to close his door during naps). 
Me: "Thank you Mav. I love you, too."
Mav: "...you want door open o close?"
Me: Closed is fine, Maverick."
Mav:" OK. I leave open, Mom. Wincoln no wake you up!"

Fire Station Festivities

A super lady in our ward organized a play group for us moms with kiddos at home. One of the activities was visiting our local fire station. Maverick (and all the kids) absolutely loved it. The firemen and paramedics were so sweet and let the kids climb all over inside of the trucks. Oh man, the grins on these kid's faces--the pictures don't do it justice! It was great meeting some real superheros. At one point, of the the firefighters said he didn't think there had ever been so many kids in the truck--most that come to visit are really shy and timid, but all of these kids just jumped right in! 


More Pictures:


No comments:

Post a Comment