Lincoln is 2 Months
Height: 22.2 inches
Weights: 8.5 lbs (<1%)
Clothes: Newborn for everything still
Eats 3 oz every 4 hours
Likes tummy time, being swaddled before he sleeps, and giving mom 4-5 hour stretches of sleep at night.
Lincoln is little. At his 2 month check up, we discovered he is not on the charts for weight. His doctor asked me to increase his feedings to every 3 hours (rather than 4) and to start supplementing with formula. Usually, there is not a 3 month appointment, but we have one scheduled as a weight check to see how he is doing. Hopefully increasing the frequency will help get more calories to stick on this kiddo! :)
I tell everyone that he is an awesome baby. He only really cries when he is hungry or tired/has an upset stomach, but he goes right to sleep if you swaddle and bounce him. Maverick still adores Mr. Lincoln and insists that Linc is only his buddy--not Daddy's buddy. (He follows that up with, "mommy you buddy.") Apparently, we have a pretty strict buddy system in this house.
Halloween
Halloween began early in the week for us with our Ward Trunk or Treat. Our family theme was centered around Maverick's well thought out costume--Batman, Lincoln was Robin, Lehi Alfred, and I was Catwoman. Most of these were due to convience--I had a lot of black in my closet and Lehi already had a suit, but it all came together so well! We decorated our trunk to be the Batcave, with bats hanging all over it, stalactites, an illuminated Batman symbol, and Batman himself guarding the candy bowl (we did not do a great job taking pictures...). Maverick has fun playing the games the youth in the ward set up and loved asking for candy at the trunk stops.We took Maverick trick-or-treating on Halloween eve around the neighborhood. Both boys were strapped in the double stroller and wheeled around. Maverick treated it more like a chariot, refusing to get out and walk unless he was right in front of the house (even walking the 10 feet between houses was not going to happen as he quickly climbed in the stroller). One of our favorite moments was when he approached a house whose lawn was decorated with zombies and other creepy things coming our of the ground in a circle. At the top of the circle, was two lawn chair with the residents sitting very still. He refused go get close and tried to pull me away. They laughed, got up and walked the piece of candy to him. As we walked away he exclaimed, "I hate it!"
Maverick also casually said, "Hi ninja turtle" when a boy dressed as one walks by. When we sat outside to take our turn passing out candy, Maverick kept insisting it was his and was a little less than generous in handing it out.
We decided to use his hard earned Halloween candy as a bribing tool for potty training. He got smart on us and would "go potty" just to get a treat. I am talking 5 times in the span of 20 minutes--sneaky little thing. We moved to a sticker system recently which has been much more effective. We are taking it slow and not pushing it too much, be he is getting the hang of it! One of my favorite moments so far was hearing a "Ohhh nooo!" in utter dismay coming from the bathroom. I went in to see what was wrong to hear his broken hearted exclamation, "I peed on Wubble!" (Aka, Rubble, one of the dogs on Paw Patrol that was decorating his toilet seat insert).
Mischief Managed
Mr. Maverick has a nice streak of driving mom crazy and trying to turn her hair gray. Nap time is a sacred time for moms. A time when we try to relax, break out the chocolate stache, and enjoy the quiet, peaceful time alone for once in the day. Some days, Maverick doesn't sleep and plays in his room instead, but I need nap time so badly, I don't mind one bit. He is usually quiet and I can do my thing. Well, this past week, Maverick utilized nap time as a designated time to manage nothing but mischief. The first day, I went upstairs to check on him when I saw diaper rash cream coating the spindles of my banisters, Maverick's hands and clothes, the carpet, his night stand, books, and his sheets. He also squirted a bunch in a container that he was apparently using to distribute the "paint" to whatever place his little heart desired. This was a brand new tube. I couldn't help but laugh at his "ohh shoot" expression when I gave him the mom eye, but I grumbled the entire time I had to clean the mess. The next day, it was my brand new tube of mascara that fell victim to Maverick's boredom. This time he coated the walls down the stairs, the carpet of the stairs, the window and window seals in the office, and the light cover in Lincoln's room. I guess Maverick is attracted to brand new tubes like a raccoon to shiny objects. Need-less-to-say after the cream disaster, he was stuck in time-out the entire time I was cleaning up my "carbon black" mascara.






No comments:
Post a Comment