My birthday was a wonderful Sunday with lots of love and delicious cheesecake (which I taught Maverick is "mommy's day cake" every time we opened the fridge). When we walk by the cheesecake at Costco, he still makes this beloved declaration. One of the highlights was this "card" from Dad, complete the these spot on balloons and flowers.
![]() |
| And that happy face... |
Pool Day
Tasha convinced my preggo self to take Maverick to the pool. He was a little apprehensive of the water and was attached at the hip when we were in the pool, but we had a blast.![]() |
| Mom & Mav |
![]() |
| He LOVED the splash pad area |
![]() |
| Happy boy |
My First Pedicure...Ever.
As part of my birthday present, Tasha decided to spoil me and took me to get a pedicure--the first one I have ever had. It was very relaxing and super fun spending the evening kid-free with my Bobo. Afterwards, she was excited for me to try Yogurt Zone--we walked over to the building to find it completely empty. Apparently, Tasha was the only one loving Yogurt Zone. So we settled on going to I-hop where we consumed our weight in breakfast food (a staple love of McDonald girls). In fact, I requested that we ate breakfast burritos for my birthday dinner.![]() |
| Me & My Bobo |
Lychee Discovery--Nostalgia At Its Finest
While picking up a few last-minute groceries for the weekend, Lehi and I saw a Jackfruit--which Lehi informed me he had eaten on the mission. He was telling me about it and we were attempting to weight the beast to figure how how much we would be paying for it, when on the other side of the tropical fruit stand, we found Lychees. Lehi was ecstatic. While these ones are a little more brown than the regular red, they were delicious. It brought Lehi back to the mission days in Madagascar and he tasted a little piece of heavenly memories. The Lychees have been re-stocked each week and is a regular on my grocery list--followed by milk, bread, and eggs. We will consume a pound of these babies each week until they are no longer in season. HEB for the win!![]() |
| I may have this code memorized now. |
![]() |
| I wish I could have captured the school girl giddiness in his eyes. |
Happy Daddy Day
I failed to get any pictures on Father's Day. But Maverick sure was funny! He woke up that morning and wandered into our room where he climbed up in bed next to me. I told him to wish Dad "Happy Daddy Day" and to give him a kiss. He was very excited to do so--quickly climbed over me to the sleeping beast. He enthusiastically stumbled through the phrase "Happy Daddy Day" and gave Lehi and big kiss on the cheek. The sleeping giant was out and gave Maverick no response. In utter dismay, Maverick pulled out his best pouting face (stuck out lip and all) crossed his arm on his chest, and dropped to his side on the bed. He was very mad at Dad. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "Daddy sleep." We decided to go down and cook Lehi a breakfast to wake him up with (so he could sleep in longer, because let's be honest, sleep is all we really want on these holidays). I told Maverick the duration of the cooking that it was a surprise and he was very giddy and as quietly as his little body could muster, he carried the Cholula up the stairs while I carried the breakfast plate. He run to Lehi's side of the bed, announced, "Happy Daddy Day!" while handing him the bottle. It was too cute.Preggo Update
I figured since I have not written much about this pregnancy (especially compared to my first with Mav) I would write down some blatant differences between this baby boy and Maverick.Heartburn is a common theme with both. As a result, I go through a gallon of milk every other day--I can't get enough of it!
Baby boy is up in my ribs way more than I ever recall Maverick being. I can remember people talking about it when they were pregnant, but I couldn't completely relate. I certainly can with this little man.
I am 32 weeks now and measuring 3 weeks behind, so we are going to have an ultrasound done at the next appointment to double check things (I am not worried at all, but I am excited to see him)!
I haven't have any muscle cramps waking me from my slumber (knock on wood). I am pretty sure I can attribute this to the copious amount of calcium I am getting via milk and tums.
In exchange for the muscle cramps is the 1-2 bathroom trips throughout the night. I decided it is just a way of preparing me for getting up with the baby when he comes.
I love my sweets--but with Lehi and I working on eating healthier, junk food is almost completely absent from our house. Thank goodness for candy sales (like buy 2 bags of of Dove get one free) that I keep stashed away for my sanity. In fact, the other day, Maverick was asking me for something of which I would not figure out. So I told him to take me and show me. I lifted him up on the counter to which he opened a cupboard and continued to request the item he wanted to eat. After a few very deliberate attempts of figuring out what he was asking for, I asked him, "Are you asking me for chocolate??" They certainly do hear everything we say--I express to Lehi often, "I need chocolate."
Mav decided to mock me one night and slept with Teddy positioned like my beloved body pillow. It was too funny not to take a picture.








No comments:
Post a Comment