March 2022
Sleeping Sneaky
Sunday, I was making a Primary visit, leaving Lehi with the kiddos. We had lucked out with a fresh batch of snowfall, so the boys were all geared up and playing outside when I got home. I was shocked to see Madeline, still sleeping in the swing. Lehi told me she woke up a few times, lifted her head and looked around, then decided to keep sleeping. ...he admitted to pretending to be asleep when these moments happened, and it seemed to have worked.
Maverick & the Leprechaun
MARCH MADNESS
Bobo texted me about a week before the March Madness Final Four games, asking if I was going to come down to Texas to see her. We joked about it...then I talked to Lehi about it...and a few days before the games I booked the flight! I think Bobo was a little in shock that I actually did it and I was proud of myself for making a spur-of-the-moment decision (brownie points to Lehi for encouraging me to go). My flight was delayed an hour, and I found that one out in the airport, which wouldn't have been as big of a deal, had I not been wrestling Maddie the whole time AND I was flying in just a few hours before tip-off. (Maddie's first plan ride)
Bobo and Mom took about an hour to find me at the airport--I made fun of them on the phone the whole time, listening to Bobo swear and Mom giggle trying to find me. Apparently, Alligent is not connected to the main Austin airport. They finally found us, we loaded up and hauled butt back to San Antonio so we could make the games. We moved Madeline to Mom's car at a Costco and Bobo and I sped off to the game (and sped is very much an understatement--we hauled, praying the cops would not spot us in our mad dash to the stadium). It was so much fun. Our seats were amazing--we were on almost a balcony seating so there was no one in front of us because it was over the lower section. The games were insanely close, the crowds wild, and we weren't surrounded by drunks like last time (bonus)! Between the first and second games, we were so hungry, so we walked around looking for a pretzel because it sounded good to both us of. We found it, waited forever in line, and then got back to our seats. Bobo asked if I was going to dip my pretzel in the cheese and I said, "Yes. Especially when we paid a stupid amount for it. I was going to eat the cheese!" ...and then I took a bite. No. I was not going to eat the cheese. It was disgusting! Bobo had an obligation bite, too, and shuddered at its nasty taste. She looked at me, laughing, and said, "I'm glad we didn't get the nachos! We would be wiping off all the chips!"
March Madness was better in person, with my person.
Mom, Andrew, and Brooklynn were awesome about helping with Madeline and giving me a lot of breaks (including the games).
Bobo decided we needed to go to the games the following day, too, and got Mom to come along. Even though she called Villanova "Villaoma" like some type of cancer. ;) We also decided that the nosebleeds were the way to go because we were closer to the ceiling fans. I got tapped on the shoulder during one of the games and asked if I could "move my hair" because the person behind me thought they were going to accidentally pull it while getting up. Rapunzel hair problems.
Oh, it was so worth the quick trip! It was a crazy weekend that went by in a blur but was packed with fun.
Bake Sale For Ukraine
Batman Early Screening
NY TRIP, Projects
Quotables
Brielle pronounces the boys names' Mamic and Linc-can.
Brielle, you're so smart. "Yeah are."
Pictures:
Brielle playing with scraps of 2x4s while I get a workout in









No comments:
Post a Comment