January 2022
Monster Trucks
Lehi took Lincoln to a Monster Truck show for their "date" this month. Lincoln really liked it for the first 20 minutes or so and then started to get bored. (Typical). He was there with the Lovells, which made it a little more fun. It wasn't the amazing ground-breaking experience we might have expected him to tell us about, but, that is usually just how it goes with kids. Keep all expectations low. ;)
Skates & Sushi
Maverick and I hit up an outdoor skating rink and held to each other to prevent the inevitable falls. He was a champ! He was sweet enough to not be embarrassed to hold his mom's hand, too. We both got pretty good by the end (and by good I mean ok, and far from great). We took frequent breaks by the firepit and soaked up the one-on-one time. We grabbed some hot cocoa at the shop by the ice to help us warm up.
We finished our date by getting Sushi. Maverick has been begging to try sushi, so it was a good opportunity for him to give it a go. We didn't go with a simple California Roll, we went all out and ordered a "Black Dragon" roll (shrimp tempura & cucumber topped with eel, avocado, sesame seeds, and eel sauce). I had a few pieces, Maverick pretty much ate it single-handedly. He LOVED it. I decided to be fun and add on some fried ice cream, the picture below summarizes how he felt about that one. ;)
When giving my card to the waiter to pay the bill, Maverick asked, astonished, "Do you trust him with your credit card? Adults are relaxed with other adults."
Pheasants & Poppi
Lincoln Love
It is well established Lincoln is our tender heart. We are learning that more and more with his hogging of baby Madeline. I told him how I was going to hold his babies all day when he is a Dad like he does with Madeline. Linc told me he wasn't going to let me hold his babies when he is a Dad and that he is going to bring them to work. I don't think I have ever met a 5-year-old boy who loves babies more than he does. He also likes to stretch out his arms to Madeline and say, "Come to Pappa..." with a big grin plastered on his little face.
Lehi from Lehi
More Pictures
Brielle has been hiding things in the pants of her zip up pjs





















No comments:
Post a Comment