Brielle Babe is 1
It is hard to believe that our dark haired beauty is now a blonde beauty. She loves to laugh, adores her Dad, loves books, and is a walking machine. She is silly, independent, and an amazing sleeper. More about her and her sweet personality on the 12 Months of Brielle page.
We had family over for her birthday and kept things pretty low key. She dug right into her cake without hesitation and seemed to enjoy eating it, too. Brielle also loved playing the her balloons and balloon arch while trying to get it put together & set up. ;)
Thanksgiving
Naturally, one of the highlights of November is Thanksgiving. We had quite the crowd this year (which makes for a great holiday). The Lovell family + Bay, + two Hidalgo boys, (and all of Lehi's immediate family out West for desserts). The food was so good, the company even better. It was our first year smoking a turkey (we did two), and while it wasn't as good as the test run, it was still delicious!When all the cousins arrived for desserts, a big pillow fight ensued. It was fun to watch them all battle it out.
Ronnie also surprised me early in the morning with my early Christmas present from Bobo. It was a big ol' box and I had no idea what it might be--and why it needed to be dropped off so early on Thanksgiving day. It was a chandelier I wanted as the final touch to my dining room! Ronnie found one on KSL, Tasha approved it, and we installed it that very instant....right before we had everyone over. First picture is previous owner vs completed project!
Green Guessing Game
Maverick was drawing something and giving me clues of what it was, and having me guess (without looking). He first told me "It's something green and is in a movie." My guesses included Slime, the Grinch, and Shaggy...all of which were wrong. He was very anxious to tell me, so he blurted out, "No, it's baby Yoda! I just don't have gray, so I can't make his little sweater."
Samaritan's Purse
Ronnie told me about a charity that sends packed shoe boxes to children in third world countries for Christmas. Things in the boxes range from small toys to clothes to school supplies.We split a big shipment of boxes and then asked the awesome families in the neighborhood to help us fill them. The response was amazing! We ended up dropping off 107 boxes to be shipped all over the world. I decided it was going to be a Christmas service tradition for our family. I had the boys help build boxes, pick out items for ours, and help with delivery/pick-up of boxes from neighbors. Year one in the books!
...and I had already dropped off some to be filled already!
Christmas Time!
I do my best to honor Thanksgiving by not putting up any Christmas decorations until afterwards....which is pretty much when everyone goes home from Thanksgiving feasting. Maverick is one of the jolliest Christmas loving kids I have ever met. I think he was just an anxious as I was to get the tree up and decorated (along with the rest of the house). Brielle even got into the festivities with the Eagle's reindeer headband ;)
More Pictures:
Lehi was tired of not having a workbench....so he built one.
Brielle's first black eye....she ran into the corner of a window seal
Maverick enjoying the fire after a cold day outside
Some highlights from our family pictures....don't worry we have some with Lehi at the end ;)
I have loved these ugly little birds for years...I finally bought one and had to tell Bobo.
Little Cindy Loo-Who


















No comments:
Post a Comment