american background

Sunday, January 31, 2021

August 2020

Oaklee's Blessing 

We had a quick trip to Idaho this month for Oaklee's blessing. The cousins hit it off and pretty much played from sun to to down. As usual, Uncle Matt was a target of tormet. We made sure to get our dose of Reed's dairy--even though we had to bribe Maverick to finish his grilled cheese (who's child are you??) The Lloyds broke out water balloons and a water play scape, which won the weekend. Oaklee is such a sweet, quiet baby. We are excited to see her personality as she gets older!



                                                Lincoln being silly and keeping Brielle happy









 Return to TX 

I couldn't stay away from Bobo for too long! I decided to fly the myself and the kiddos back to Texas for a quick visit. The plane ride/experience was an adventure. Maverick recently developed a fear of heights, so he was very nervous to fly. He did a lot better than I expected and after our layover, he would hold his hands up during take-off and say, "It's like a roller coaster, Lincoln! Put your hands up!" The boys played on the "moving sidewalk" belt for at least 30 minutes of the layover. I pushed Brielle in her stroller, following them as they ninja posed, jumped, danced, and meditated. It got some of their energy out and was a lot better than just sitting in chairs! Brielle was a little grumpy during some of the flight, but all things considered, she did really well.

When we landed, Tasha picked us up and we headed to get Brooklynn from gymnastics. I laid my seat back so she couldn't see me out the window and the boys were in the back. She opened the sliding van door, saw me and said, "Oh hello" (thinking I was Tasha), then did a double take, seeing Tasha driving, and then started yelling with excitement. It was a great reaction. The boys rang the doorbell when we got to the Westensee house, Parker stood there with a dumbfounded look and then said, 'Mav! Do you want to see my new beyblade!" and Tayson started yelling/jumping up and down. They pretty much didn't skip a beat and headed right to playing again. 

The days went quick, consisting of Rasing Canes, Six Flags, a pool day, Bath & Body candle sale, Duck Donuts, and a surprise girls' night with Michelle and Brittany.

These are the words of Bobo: Six Flags with this crew. Got everyone in for free. Andrew was able to get off work a couple hours early and come with. Some hilarious highlights- Taking Mav on roadrunner and recording his reaction. My sister mixing what she thought was water in Brielle’s bottle.... it was sprite and exploded everywhere. Lots of fun rides in the water park. Andrew being the best and taking all 7 kids home- so my sister and I could hit up the big roller coasters solo for the last 2.5 hours. We sat front row on everything Goliath, Superman, Wonder woman, Joker, Iron Rattler- we left the park sick to our stomachs. Joker was a one time ride that my post 4 kids mom body can’t handle, followed up with Wonder Woman IMMEDIATELY after. (Legit walked 3 minutes over there and right on). It was worth the sickness to spend a few hours solo with my sister. Thanks Andrew, for taking all the kids home, feeding them dinner, putting everything away and having all 7 of them bathed and in pjs by the time we got home." 

....seriously, I was laughing SO hard at how sick Tasha got on Joker. I had taken some motion sickness meds...and it still got me a bit. We ran to Wonder Woman to get one more ride in for the night and doing the two back to back sealed the deal that it was indeed, our last ride for the night. 

Brooklynn and Parker got Maverick to go on some water slides with them. It took the AWHILE to get back to the pool area. When they got there Parker said, "That was exhausting." I guess Maverick got scared at the top...and took a bit of convincing to finally go down. The lifeguard at the top gave him a rubber glove that he inflated and called the "glove of trust." He told Maverick if he held it the whole time, that he would be safe. Maverick had the glove in hand when he saw us. He said he did have fun! And did a couple others while they were there.

So worth a quick trip to see the Westensee family. Oh how I love and miss them to pieces!!

 
 





Bath & Body Candle Sale 









Mandatory naps 





Mav Starts School 

Maverick was SO eager to start school this year. Even despite having to wear a mask and other COVID limitations, this social butterfly was ready to make new friends! I can't believe how big he looks (even though it is only 1st grade). It is hard to keep him in clothes/shoes! I am so excited to see what he learns and does this year. 

 

Lincoln Turns 4

Oh there is so much I can say about Lincoln. He has such a special place in my heart. He just makes me melt. He is such an easy kid. He is our tender-heart in every form of the word. Lincoln randomly gives me hugs, kisses, and says, "I ov you mom" all day long. He loves playing with Brielle and has the cutest baby voice when he talks to her. I honestly trust him more to watch her more than Maverick because he is so attentive to her needs. Ronnie said he is the same with the twins. 

Lincoln loves Power Rangers, Beyblades, mac & cheese (always his dinner of choice) and anything Maverick likes. Sometimes we get frustrated with him because when we ask him his opinion (what he wants for dinner, what game he wants to play, what he wants for his birthday, what he wants to do) he says, "same thing as Maverick." He idolized Maverick and they really are best friends (and yes, they still fight like brothers do). 

He is making a lot of progress with his speech--we are still doing weekly therapy. He does beginning and final consonant deletion, so we basically get the middle sounds of words. However, we have come to understand his language pretty well and he is making big improvements! 

Lincoln is so silly. He cracks jokes all the time. He likes to play "tricks"-hiding my make-up bag and phone being among them. In fact, one time, he had hidden my phone, unbeknown to me, and in a final, desperate attempt to find it, I told the boys I would pay them $1 if they found it. Not 15 seconds later I hear Maverick shout "Lincoln found it!" I asked him if he hid it and through fits of chuckles, he confessed his crime. He has the best grin and belly laugh. He has me in stitches all day. 

I told Lincoln I would take him to lunch anywhere for his birthday...his request, "french fries." So rather than buying a kid's meal from somewhere like I anticipated, I ordered just fries.


We did all things Lincoln and had the Lovells and Hurless kiddos over for water balloon games (his request), water bead play, and personalized pizzas. Later, Uncle Matt, Gigi, Poppi, and the Clausens all joined the fun. Maverick suggested everyone hide their birthday present when they came, and Lincoln could open them as he found them. It was such a fun idea--and totally something Maverick would come up with. We finished off the night with his Beyblade cake (first time using fondant, I did my best to copy Maverick's from his birthday that we ordered from Marsha) and ice cream. 







Lehi told the boys if they weren't picking up water balloons, they got squirted!




                                              Playing the fishing game with Poppi (Linc kept stealing his fish)











Ice Cream Taste Off 

Ronnie convinced me to split this ice cream taste off with her...worth it! Handles took the cake for us, but it was all so good.

 

Other Pictures:






                                              Ronnie sent this one to me...little traitor. ;)
                                              ...my butt might have hit that wet paint...










                                  Maverick set this up, totally unprompted, while I was painting the 1/2 bath
                           Setting up birthday balloons for Linc...it took me a second to find him!



                                                         Botique with these ladies!




 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment