Party with the Sisters
Since Bobo was still in town (boo Kristina for leaving early) 😉 we decided to do some shopping & get some Maddox for lunch as a pre-birthday celebration. They bought me my new Nike shoes and we told our waiter to keep bringing the rolls at lunch (which he didn't really do). Our steaks were delicious, even though Tasha defiled it a bit ordering a medium-well. Oh how I love these sisters of mine.
Saying Goodbye "See You Soon"
We knew all week long that Sunday would bring a lot of ugly crying. Ronnie, me, and the kids met Bobo's family at a gas station to give lots of hugs and bawl like babies. We were holding it all together fairly well and then Lincoln said, "Bye Bobo" in his adorable little voice and the water works started. Leaving Tasha and my second kids was one of the hardest things ever. Knowing I would visit in a couple of months helped the blow, but man I loved living close. We have always been inseparable, and having a couple states between us isn't going to change that! These cousins are pretty much siblings they way they fight, love, and cherish each other.
Birthday Date
This year, I spammed Lehi's phone with a bunch of things I would love to do for my birthday. I deemed this a pretty genius idea because he knew exactly what I wanted, but he also had the freedom to choose and surprise me.
Bekah watched the kiddos for us (they made themselves quite comfortable there--see pic below) and we headed for a couple's massage. I was so excited. I LOVE massages and Lehi hadn't had a legit one before--just a few I booked him at the massage therapy school in Idaho during football season. We did the typical paperwork. I teased Lehi for not reading the instructions and circling his hurt ankle as an area of focus (he thought he was circling areas to avoid), we headed back for a foot soak, drink, and dessert. Lehi sat down in he chair, hit the cup and spilled the drink all over. Embarrassed he told the therapist "I'm like a bull in a China shop!" We laughed for awhile over the spilled drink. Then we got our massages, Lehi said it hurt really bad sometimes, but he liked it overall. I was in heaven with my deep tissue work.
We tried out a BBQ place that was pretty good. It was "ok" by Texas BBQ standard, but you really can't go wrong with brisket nachos. Portions were huge, too. We finished the night off with getting a few cupcakes to-go (I couldn't leave the boys out) at this cute little bakery that were absolutely amazing--and I am pretty picky about my cupcakes.
Courtney's Graduation Party
We were able to visit our beloved Blue family to celebrate Courtney's HS graduation. Bless that family--it was such a perfect setting outside...and then the downpour of rain came. Such a fitting event with a 2020 graduation. ;) The company & food more than made up for the weather. We were able to chat with so much family. Maverick was anxious to tell Kevin that he wanted to be a police when he grew up. Being the amazing person he is, Kevin let the boys get in his car, turn on the siren, etc. It made their day. Melissa made the comment to Lehi "you only have 18 years to talk him out of it!"
Grandma Thomas' 2014 great grandchildren (- Hudson)
First Pool Day
Being in the townhome, we had access to an awesome pool. They have a play scape, a huge gradual walk in area, and a ton of room. Ronnie borrowed a baby floatie from a friend for me to try before I bought one...I decided not to because she would just lick the water non-stop. I tried a few different things to stop her, but she was determined. I used it for maybe 10 minutes because of her persistence. Eventually, she fell asleep so we tucked her in Ronnie's wagon with the floatie on top for shade, I suppose it did get used!
Soccer Meets Lincoln:
Lincoln was so excited to play soccer. He was put on the green team. Before the game, Mav changed his shirt to one with green on it so he could cheer for Lincoln. He also gave Linc a few tips before the game.
Coach Mav: There are 3 rules.
1. Keep your eye on the ball
2. Kick as hard as you can
3. Tuck your shirt in
*The league Maverick played in had a rule where your jersey had to be tucked in, so his coach told him that you go faster with it tucked...that stuck with him.
Lincoln is doing great with soccer. The first couple of games he would run around with his hands in his pockets, but we are pretty sure that was a technique to not touch the ball. He morphed into a goalie for a few games (and did pretty well for a league that doesn't have goalies) and is slowing working his way out of the net.
ID trip w/Gigi
Gina flew up to spend some time with Rachel and her newest granddaughter and spent a day with us before we drove her up! The kids were great on the road-trip (there and back) and had a blast spending time with their cousins. I sneaked away for a couple of hours to visit with Eli, my mentor and favorite professor at BYUI. We only stayed for a day, so it was a quick trip. I sure loved being able to hold that sweet Oaklee girl!
First Lehi City Farmer's Market
Lehi was having a famer's market for the first time, so of course we went! Lehi (the husband, not the city hahaha) knows how much I love them. It was pretty small but we have a feeling it will grow with time. It was in the middle of nowhere (so perfect) and the weather was wonderful. We left with a jar of honey that was oh so delicious! I literally eat it like caramel--by the spoonful.
Farm w/Ronnie
Ronnie took my boys with all of her kids (super mom, right??) to the Thanksgiving Point farm. The boys said they really liked it and told me they wanted to go back! She snapped these cute pictures for me. Riding the horses was their favorite thing they did.
Kid Quotes:
Maverick: Mom. Can I tell you something?
Me: Of course. What's up?
(whispering) "Mom, I had a dream that I married you." (accompanied with a big, embarrassed grin)
More June Pictures
^Brielle is currently in our room. We usually wake up to this.
Leading "music time" always for at home church.
Mav's go-to song of choice: A Child's Prayer/Nephi's Courage
Linc's go-to song of choice: Book of Mormon Stories/Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam
"Give me a boost" ...this happens often
^^The boys wanted to make bracelets and bring them to their cousins for FHE
Exploring parks with Cousins
^^Date night in. Lehi got drinks
^^path behind the house we are looking at (Ronnie and I went on a long walk)
Our cute little townhome!
















No comments:
Post a Comment