american background

Friday, July 12, 2019

May 2019

USAA Family Picnic

We have gotten pretty good at navigating these awesome events. Carnival games first, then bounce houses, and lots of quick food trips in between! This year, we saw Darth Vader! When Maverick went running to him, Lehi following, Darth told Maverick while pointing to Lehi, "He is your father." Maverick was also excited to see "Buddy" from HEB and was quick to give him a hug.






 








Date Nights 

Lehi and I did date nights with each kiddo this month. Mav and Lehi saw Detective Pikachu while Lincoln and I headed to In-and-Out for some fries and milk shakes. Later that month, I took Mav out for ice cream at Baskin Robbins where we splurged when I let him get a "fancy" cone.I have to admit, I was surprised to that he picked a sherbet! All of our dates were super simple but so much fun. Lehi and I both loved getting some one-on-one time with the boys.






Soccer Party 

Maverick had his end of the season soccer party, that I missed because I had a RS activity that morning. Lehi took the boys to Incredible Pizza, where the games were not turned on and there wasn't any food for the first 30 minutes. Eventually, things picked up and the boys had a lot of fun. Maverick had so much fun playing with both Parker and Tayson this season, and even tried a little harder after we told him we would give him a dollar if he scored a goal. He didn't get paid, but he did pay a little more attention to the game.

                                      

Pre-K Graduation

Maverick has his Pre-k graduation this month! We are so grateful for the super talented Mrs. Yvonne for being so perfect for Maverick. They had a super cute program, complete with lots of songs & props.She even made them the candy graduation leis. She had pre & post evaluations to show their growth & progress, awesome activities, and super fun field trips. She is pretty much the perfect pre-k teacher. When Maverick was asked what his favorite thing about pre-k was, he said sitting by his cousin, Tayson. They really are BFFs.





Memorable Moments:

At one of Mav's soccer game, we noticed him chewing gum at half time. We asked him where he got the gum from. He casually replied, "Lincoln shared it with me." ....Lincoln had not had a new piece of gum since we left the house, which means he was kind enough to share the one he had been chewing. 


Lehi gets a small package of the Cadbury cream eggs each Easter. He is a little crazy and takes forever to eat the 3-4 eggs in the container. One night, he fell asleep on the couch. When he woke up, I noticed a big stain on his shorts. I asked him what he did, to which he exclaimed "Oh man!" while pulling out a crushed/exploded eggs from his pocket.

When play fighting Lehi, Lincoln took on the form of a cat. Lehi told him. "Hey, cats don't punch!
Lincoln looked at me, made his hands claws while giggling maliciously, and ran at Lehi. (I think he would have preferred the punching)

The boys have picked up on the phrase "Dweeb head" from their Aunt Bobo. It is now a favorite. Lincoln will joyously exclaim "beehea!" at least 10 times a day, directed at anyone in the house. 


Lots o' Pics 

Cotton Candy Nights!


Those freckles kill me 

Yes. Lincoln is asleep

Sick with strep. Poor kiddo

Linc reading to Mac

Picking me flowers in a field by the park 

I love listening to these two play together. Mav wasn't so happy that I snuck a picture 

When you want to go outside fast, but can't find matching shoes...

Superheros for days

Eating some treat atop Mav's bed


Ok. We really don't got to BR very often, but May 31st was a $1.70 scoop day. I told Mav no 'fancy" cone since it wasn't a date for us. 

They used this amazon box as their personal table for at least a week 


Lincoln leads quite the life sometimes. 
Bedtime hugs with the boys


Fat Tummy Empanadas for Lehi & my date night. They were awesome--the chimmichurri sauce was even better.

Lehi kept beating Mav at tick-tak-toe. Maverick made his own version and told Lehi, "only I can go first."

Protecting their fort 

Lincoln joined Lehi & I on our Texas Roadhouse Date

Texts you might get if you have a pregnant wife. Side note--we both belly laughed through this whole experience
FHE lesson regular event
                                                       

Mother's Day Cards. Paint + Q-tips to make "flowers"


Guess which one is SUPPOSED to be sleeping

When you sister convinces you to go to the park after pre-k pick-up, but all you have is your cycle shoes. Tasha sounded like a tap dancer on the side-walk

Barnes & Noble story time

Took the boys to Barnes & Noble FREE story time, somehow ended up buying 2 enormous cookies.
I was using a strip of magnet tape...Linc decided to hold it across his head & gave himself a uni-brow


From his Soccer Party 

The amazon box wins again. (same one as other pic)



No comments:

Post a Comment