Rather than writing a small novel of all the fun we had, I will mention some of the highlights and embarrassing moments (because they make the best stories anyways)
Bosie Wedding (Joanna & Colten)
Visiting with lots of family, amazing BBQ meals (hamburger, pulled pork, and the best cooked prime rib I have ever consumed), and witnessing a beautiful wedding.
Being slightly jealous that Lehi decided to choose the biggest guest bed for us (because we were the first there) to find that the camper was pretty much a personalized hotel--which Gina and Rebekah were able to enjoy.
Maverick being able to see his Gigi and great grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins.
Attending the sealing of an adorable couple. Lehi gave Colten a celebratory (secrete and unknown to him) hand-shake, which left Colten standing and staring at Lehi.
![]() |
Dancing with Lehi at the reception and sharing my ice cream with Maverick.
Maverick learning the skill of feeding people with a fork and finding great joy in it. His victims included Rebekah (potato salad) and Jordan (cheesecake).
We learned Maverick is a meticulous food dipper. He is extremely cautious when dipping his foodstuff.
All cars passing by most likely looked into our little Ion, going down the freeway, confused at the hand motions and terrible attempts at dance moves coming from the flailing driver and passenger. Little did they know, we were doing about everything we could think of to prevent the ear splitting screaming produced by our little backseat passenger. It worked! And we danced for a lot of the trip!
![]() |
| Headin' to the Weddin' |
Eating grilled salmon from Grandpa Jensen, having a "pinterest win" with homemade Texas roadhouse rolls, and sending Lehi and Matt to see Ant-Man which ended up being sold out. But no worry, they were able to catch a later time and enjoy a $1.00 popcorn bag!
Venturing around City Creek Mall and picking up Maverick some sick kicks to break in while we walked around Temple Square.
![]() |
| Temple Square |
![]() |
| Matt & Mav |
Having Maverick scream at the top of his lungs at the Red Iguana (2) because of a miss-swallowed tortilla chip which resulted in it poking his throat. I stuck my fingers repeatedly into the cave of wonders to try to get it out and ended up taking him out of the restaurant because we were causing such a wonderful scene. We came back in to find a delicious "Killer Nacho" entree...at which some point Maverick decided to spoon some spicy portion of it into his mount and scream while scratching at his tongue, trying to remove the spice. He calmed down after a few spoons of sour cream--and was completely content (and additional horrifying first-time-experience-free) after his tortilla came. We were so grateful for Matt treating us to the delicious meal...even though Maverick was far from a pleasant dinner guest.
![]() |
| He wasn't experiencing any "firsts" here |
![]() |
| He claims to be doing the YMCA |
![]() |
| Showing Matt how to use his camera |
![]() |
| These boys...I love 'em! |
The Lovell family was kind enough to let us invade their apartment for a few days. While we were not able to spend a ton of time with them--we had a blast every second we did.
We went to a double feature drive-in movie (Mission Impossible & Ant-Man) in which Maverick refused to sleep--despite the fact he had been up all night throwing up on me while Lehi cleaned it up--and I fell asleep in the car...sitting on the floor with my face on the seat. Lehi patiently watched Maverick while he explored the car--including turning on the turn signal and lights a few times--to many of our fellow viewer's displeasure.
![]() |
| Drive-In |
Eating our favorite Chinese food and watching random youtube videos.
Maverick being christened with his new nickname, "Maggot"--by Dawson, trying his best to pronounce the difficult name.
After realizing the two (Maverick & Dawson) were speciously quiet...we found them in the bathroom, playing in the toilet. I wish I would have taken a picture of Dawson clinging to the plunger while Maverick had a firm two-hand grasp on the scrubber, standing on opposite sides of the toilet with looks of pure joy on their face in their toilet water-soaked pjs.
Rexburg Wedding--Time with Family (Justin & Logan)
**Quick backstory--in Bosie, Rachel couldn't find her recommend**
The night before the wedding, Lehi has to be...well, Lehi, and saw Rachel's temple recommend on the counter in her house. He used stealthy skills to slip it into his pocket, unnoticed. He flashed it to me with a big grin on his face and whispered, "Should I do it?" I responded honestly, "Yes. But I shouldn't be endorsing this!" And so we left, with her recommend. The next morning, we got a phone call from Rachel:
"Did you see my recommend yesterday?"
Lehi --"I think I saw it on the counter, why?"
Rachel--"I can't find it."
Lehi: "Seriously? That stinks!"
At some point the conversation turned
Lehi: "So when do you think you will get here?"
Rachel: "We left 10 minutes later than we wanted, so around 9:40."
Lehi: "Ok. I will give you your recommend when you get here."
Rachel: "Wait, you have it?!?"
Lehi promptly hung up the phone.
![]() |
| Taylor & Mav |
Again, a beautiful sealing for an outstanding couple.Some advice the sealer gave Justin, which I love and never want to forget:
"If you want to show the Lord how grateful you are for her, take her to the temple."
He also shared with us something Elder Bednar taught. He told the media at the Rexburg open house: "If you stand in front of the mirrors (in the sealing room) of the temple and look at your reflection, you only see you. If you look at your companion, you see forever. If you cannot make something out of that then I can't help you."
We basked in the sun of family while enjoying a beautiful lunch-in and outdoor reception. The Miller boys and Lehi ate their weight in Rock Candy and Lehi made fun of Nicole for using tongs to pick up her Rock Candy. I think I drank my weight in Italian Sodas.
If Maverick got on his tip-toes, he could reach the very edge of the array of cookie trays. A few cookies fell victim to his reach before we could catch him. Unfortunately for us (and the cookies) he has some speed behind his wheels now!
![]() |
| Cousins |
![]() |
| Maverick helping Aunt Rachel |
![]() |
| Maverick playing with Gigi... |
![]() |
| She is awesome. (And clearly used to having boys) |
![]() |
| Snuggling with Gigi |
![]() |
| Lehi & the Boys |
All in all, we realized how lucky we are to have such amazing friends and family and enjoyed the time we had to celebrate with two great couples!



















What a wonderful time!
ReplyDelete